Old 09-08-2015, 03:20 AM
timwu12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Rear Seat Entertainment DVD Player

Hi all,

I have this rear seat DVD player that looks like it came from the factory:
http://www.eurologics.nl/images/prod...7468_large.jpg

The only problem is, I can get the DVD to play by inserting it into the right side player, but I can't get the sound to come through the headphones.

The headphones are wireless and have new batteries (the red LED lights up). There's a switch for "A/B" and one plays out a bunch of static, while the other channel is completely silent.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the audio to come through the headphones?

I also don't have the remote that should've come with the system, the previous seller lost it.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:09 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 659 Posts

I have this system as well. Have you tried the other headset with that right side player?

When playing around with mine (our kids are grown & so we have not used it much), I found that there was a left & right headphone specifically for each side. Or at least that's how it ended up working correctly on both sides of mine (display/headphone) when I sync'd them together to watch one movie from the Driver side DVD. So not only was there a left, verses a right for the headsets, they also had to be on the opposite A/B setting in order for them both to work.

sidenote: I believe the Driver side is the master, when you use both units in a Master/Slave scenario. So if you stick a DVD in the Pass side unit, it will ONLY play on that side. I realize this may not be related to your problem of getting one particular headset working, but you should try switching the other one and then swap the A/B setting on both.

I hope I explained that well enough. If not, let me know, & I'll break out my book & can copy some of the description from there.
=S
Old 09-09-2015, 01:22 AM
timwu12
Instructor

Hey Steve,

I didn't know they might be directional, but I'll give it a shot.

That's weird that your Driver side was the master; for me, only the passenger side has a slot for the DVD. There's no slit on the top of the unit on the driver's side, so I guess, for me, by default, the passenger must be the master side.

I'll play around with it some more, but thanks for the tips!
Old 09-09-2015, 12:34 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 659 Posts

You are right. That is strange that you only have one DVD Reader entry port. I definitely have two. And my book says that it is designed so that two separate people can watch two separate movies,... OR you can play one movie and both people can watch it simultaneously (from one DVD).

Thus both headsets each have an A/B switch, so that it ensures the audio does not cross.

Mine is installed in my 2012 958 CTT. What year is yours? Maybe there is a difference between year of manufacturing.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:13 PM
timwu12
Instructor

ohhh ok, that'll do it!

Mine is a 2008 957 CTT, haha
Old 12-12-2015, 05:40 PM
primm907
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having similar issues... Just tried mine for the first time, and everything seems to be working properly, but I can't get any sound via the headphones. Unfortunately, the 957 only came with one set of headphones, and for some reason they do NOT have the A/B switch on them. Any ideas on the best place to purchase a replacement set to give that a shot?
Old 12-13-2015, 12:01 PM
colowhisper
Advanced

I have one in my 2008 CTT. Kids are too old so am getting ready to remove the entire system as part of a full rewire audio upgrade. If anyone needs replacement parts like headphones, screens remote etc make me an offer.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:55 PM
primm907
Advanced

Originally Posted by colowhisper
I have one in my 2008 CTT. Kids are too old so am getting ready to remove the entire system as part of a full rewire audio upgrade. If anyone needs replacement parts like headphones, screens remote etc make me an offer.
I'd like the headphones. No idea what's a reasonable offer and don't want to offend you! Let me know what you think is fair.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:24 PM
timwu12
Instructor

I'm looking for the remote, also like the above, I have no idea what those go for. I'm wondering if the remote will allow me to access more setting options since I'm still not getting sound out of my headphones.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:33 PM
primm907
Advanced

The remote should definitely allow you to access more menu options and is much easier to use than the screen menu. One thing that you may only be able to do with the remote is maxing out the system volume so that the headphones can then be adjusted. If the system volume is zero or very low, there's no "baseline" to crank up the headphone volume.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:40 PM
bdtzmaru
Intermediate

How much for one or both sets of the headphone holders (hooks?) that screw into the passenger doors?

My kid was so proud that she took the headphones out of the holder while the door was closed...come to find out, she broke the hook in half!

Old 12-14-2015, 03:21 AM
timwu12
Instructor

Originally Posted by primm907
The remote should definitely allow you to access more menu options and is much easier to use than the screen menu. One thing that you may only be able to do with the remote is maxing out the system volume so that the headphones can then be adjusted. If the system volume is zero or very low, there's no "baseline" to crank up the headphone volume.
good to know, thanks!
Old 12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
colowhisper
Advanced

^^Wow, looks like most of the parts will be spoken for. I subscribed to this thread and will post back again as soon as I get the work done and everything out. I don't know fair price either but I'm sure we can figure out something.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Flyarmyguns
6th Gear

I have the same issue.

Did anyone get their sound working?

I heard a second or two of sound, then back to static, so I imagine there is a failure in the system... But, maybe I'm wrong? I'd love to get the sound working for the kiddos....
Old 03-11-2020, 01:54 AM
qwertyd10n
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

^^Wow, looks like most of the parts will be spoken for. I subscribed to this thread and will post back again as soon as I get the work done and everything out. I don't know fair price either but I'm sure we can figure out something.
I know this is an old post, but curious if you sold all the parts? I need a passenger side screen replacement...

Quick Reply: Cayenne Rear Seat Entertainment DVD Player