Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

955 TT running rough

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Taipanic
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the oil look good? I was having rough idling, poor performance and hard starting. Thought it was starter & coils, turned out to be failed head gasket(s), still deciding what to do with it...
Old 08-11-2015, 09:20 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 184 Likes on 136 Posts

That line is a vent for the two oil scavenge tanks. One for each turbo. Common for that plastic tee to break and you can do a permanent repair easily by installing a metal tee. This peice broken equates to a pcv leak. Cayenne doesn't like to run with pcv leaks. Just unscrew the oil cap while it's running to see what I mean.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Andrew001
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John Welch.
Mine was broken when I had the intake off. I replaced the tee with a brass one and then got some fuel line from Napa to replace the broken plastic line per the link below.

Seankrider posted this link on how to do it https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post10993604

Thanks very much for the link! It was indeed same story. Unfortunately I didn't get the required diameter of tee (the original one is 10-8-10mm) but I got 10-10-10 so ended playing in boiling water but got there in the end

I got all excited ant we put the manifold back on , HOWEVER my problems are still there..
I think the car runs much smoother now but the revs are going up as much as 1500rpm.

It did throw a fault this time P0507!

We suspect there is still a vacuum leak and at this stage got 2 options:
1)Crankcase Breather Check Valve (Mechanic took it out and blew/ sucked and apparently it is not working as it should). If someone could explain how it supposed to be working, that would be great so I can check it myself before ordering a new one.
2) Body throttle. It's not dirty, but maybe the actual flap is not working properly? Not sure if this could be a mechanical failure (without throwing a fault?)

MAF sensors seem to be behaving..

It's been 2 weeks today and I'm just so tired of this..
Old 08-14-2015, 06:26 PM
Andrew001
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Taipanic
Does the oil look good? I was having rough idling, poor performance and hard starting. Thought it was starter & coils, turned out to be failed head gasket(s), still deciding what to do with it...
I'm sorry to hear it's a head gasket. Water/ Oil seems to be OK as well as compression in all cylinders.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Andrew001
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
That line is a vent for the two oil scavenge tanks. One for each turbo. Common for that plastic tee to break and you can do a permanent repair easily by installing a metal tee. This peice broken equates to a pcv leak. Cayenne doesn't like to run with pcv leaks. Just unscrew the oil cap while it's running to see what I mean.
Thanks Mr. Haney.
Yes, did play with the oil cap today as one of the P0507 could be an oil cap.. unfortunately for me , the drama continues..

When it's gonna end?

Quick Reply: 955 TT running rough