Sponsored by:

beep beep <pause> beep beep

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Boostaddiction
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default beep beep <pause> beep beep

My new-to-me 2013 CD makes the sound above, seemingly randomly, as I am driving. No lights appear on the dash when this happens, and I really can't figure out what is happening.

Do other Cayenne owners have this sound, and if so, what is it??
Old 07-29-2015, 01:23 AM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 549 Likes on 346 Posts

It happens to me sometimes. For me I am pretty sure it is the parking sensors picking something up. A bug,leaf, or who knows what.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:10 AM
BE455
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like the text message notification sound. Some phones, if you setup, will transfer the text message so you can read it on your nav display. The beep is the car telling you that there's a new message.

Look under the phone settings and see... it's probably on. The car's unit has a setting to either turn on/off the beep. If an iPhone, the phone itself has the setting for whether to transfer text messages to the car, or not. If either setting is turned off, the beeping will go away.
Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on how to "fix," but you may decide you like it, once you know what it is.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 PM
genebopp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can set warning tones when reach a speed. I know if does it. But it was such a pain the in *** in my Audi, I stayed away from learning how to turn it on/off in Porsche. See if it beeps at certain speeds.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:11 AM
Boostaddiction
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BE455
That sounds like the text message notification sound. Some phones, if you setup, will transfer the text message so you can read it on your nav display. The beep is the car telling you that there's a new message.

Look under the phone settings and see... it's probably on. The car's unit has a setting to either turn on/off the beep. If an iPhone, the phone itself has the setting for whether to transfer text messages to the car, or not. If either setting is turned off, the beeping will go away.
Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on how to "fix," but you may decide you like it, once you know what it is.
I think this is what is happening! I checked under settings, and messaging alerts was ON. I'll probably turn it off, wait a bit, then send a text to myself. Then repeat the test with the setting ON. That should make it clear.

I don't want to read texts on the PCM (if that's even possible) but a notification is useful, as you suggest.

I'll update the post with results when I have them.

Quick Reply: beep beep <pause> beep beep