Sponsored by:

battery time...2006 CS....hints, tips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 01:04 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt O.
But AGM will last longer. My CS's first battery lasted 9 years. At $135, just get the real thing from VW (~$200). Small expense considering it will take you 60-70k miles. Also, being that it is under your ***, I like the idea of it operating at a cooler temp and not leaking acid...
The OEM Varta Battery is Lead Acid, not AGM. They last simply because the aluminum cell plates were not made of recycled alloy. The Deka is also made of virgin alloy, straight from ALCOA.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

OEM Varta or MOL batteries, were Lead Acid, not AGM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:33 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

AGM will work just fine but not mandatory. I'd buy whatever is the right size and easy for you to get. Is an AGM battery worth the extra money? Probably not but if that's what is handy and convenient then buy it. I have the Interstate and it's a good battery but I drive by the Interstate distributor on my way to work every morning so it's definitely convenient.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:48 PM
grouchy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought the Interstate M9 battery and my dealership told me it didn't fit (Reno NV dealer).

So they put in a Porsche part that failed in under six months. When I went to have that battery replaced under the two year parts and labor warranty they told me it was sulfated and not covered by the warranty (Lakewood CO Dealer).

I now have the DIY video saved off and will be ready when it is time for another.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:50 PM
PepperLuv
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cayenne battery selection

I have an 05 Cayenne Turbo, no reserve battery on my car. Subwoofer takes up space under spare tire. Seems like these cars run down the battery quick when not driven.
Is it possible to trash the sub and install reserve battery? Are the relays already in the car? Is this possible to do without extensive mods or computer problems?

I was alternatively considering replacing the H8 - Group 49 battery there now with a slightly larger H9 style - Group 95R AGM type some of which will fit in the underseat battery compartment which is about 15.5" -16" long.

The AGM battery should hold charge longer than wet cell from what I have read.

Anyone do either of these changes with a Cayenne?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:21 PM
67bmer
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I just replaced mine about a month ago.

this is NOT the correct battery!
https://www.batteriesplus.com/Batter...40CCA/SLI49H8M

I could not find an exact match for weight and 110Ah. When I went to get it, it was about 4" shorter than the original battery. The correct battery is one size larger and sits right next to it on the rack.

looking at the two, the only difference between the duracell and the OEM moll battery is that the base of the duracell is black! I asked the guy if it was made in America. We looked and is was not. The duracell is made in Germany! Looking at the two side by side, I am absolutely convinced they came from the same manufacturer! Every detail in the plastic molds and construction are identical except for the "little window" in the OEM
Attached Images   
Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought this exact battery in 2012, I have the base but wanted the higher CCA this offered. Oh and if you go to the Batteries Plus website there was a 10% off sticker there........

Still pulling hard with that battery and aftermarket stereo and all kinds of tech toys.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:22 PM
67bmer
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

I noticed mine was a little dusty, so I asked when was it made?

It was about a year and a half old. Shelf life is 3 years. They gave me 10% off.

Somehow, I got out of there for just under $110 including tax with a full warranty!!! That was a LOT more than 10% off, because the bigger battery was more than $150.

Porsche wanted nearly $500, with the PCA discount it would have been close to $400...

I feel like I got a great deal

Quick Reply: battery time...2006 CS....hints, tips?