Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

955 Minor Issues

Old 05-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 955 Minor Issues

My console cigarette lighter was converted to be a fulltime dual USB charger. Somehow, my ham-fisted girlfriend "broke" the retractable feature of the lighter socket. When the ashtray is opened, the lighter socket no longer pops-up, like the 944 headlights do. Also, how do I remove the entire ashtray main drawer assembly? I can only remove the inner liner tray.....which I also "broke" into 3 pieces. Below are the 3 main issues:

1) The ashtray liner has a tiny spring, for the swinging flap. However, I have not a clue how this spring is oriented(center of photo):

2) Ashtray is fully extended out - but the lighter socket/USB interface no longer raises UP like it used to. The USB charger weighs LESS than the OEM cigarette lighter:

3) Left turn signal shows a "Check Direction Indicators" error message, with accompanying "!" dash warning. The blinkers form inside the car appears to be 2x faster.....but when I go outside to check front and rear - both bulbs appear to be not burned-out and blinking at "normal" interval. Can this be bulb contacts? Where and how do I clean them?

Thanks In Advance!!!!
Old 08-03-2018, 09:41 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Old thread, but rather than create a new one, will ask on this one.

Mine just started doing this too. I had mine opened for about 1 year, with a dashcam adapter in the lighter socket and it now does the same thing. Won't come up.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Inside the ashtray assembly is a delicate plastic prop that levers the lighter receptacle up, whenever the ashtray drawer opens.

I found boneyard replacements a much cheaper option...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 955 Minor Issues