Sponsored by:

My new to me 04 CTT

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 04:38 PM
KhmerPepperS
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new to me 04 CTT

Yea yea ive heard it all before. Coolant pipes, cardan shaft bearing, coils, water pumps, muffler bearings, steering wheel manifolds etc. I owned an 04 CS for a few years and I jumped out of it because of all the horror stories I kept hearing. I thought it was the right thing to do. After going thru a Volvo S60R, B8 Audi S4, Honda Pilot (dont judge me) and an BMW E70 X5, I just was not happy with them at all and my biggest regret in life was selling my pig. We had so many memories and I even attempted to locate the same CS in hopes of buying it back but Ive never seen her since. After some long, tedious searching, I finally found an 04 with low miles (68K) and coolant pipes already replaced and within my budget. I had to have it shipped from Chicago to Lebanon, Pa. as all the Cayennes around the NorthEast were in such horrible shape. I never bought a car online so I was a little scared to wire $20K plus but iCars Chicago had super impressive dealer ratings so I took the plunge and cant be happier. I just wanted to share my story and hope you guys welcome me back. Here it is, with brand new 22 inch Quad Berlins and $130 lowering links. I love the links, best bang for the buck I think I've ever spent. Hopefully im the first one with this set of wheels, got them from Tire Rack with Yoko Parada Spec-X's. Let me know what you think, bash me if you'd like, but I couldnt be happier to be back in the saddle.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 304 Likes on 232 Posts

Welcome back.
It looks like a nice one.

It also looks like mine, so I'm not exactly the most impartial judge on the subject

I guess I don't understand the paranoia/fear attached to the horror stories.

These cars have some issues. Some of those issues can be expensive. BFD. It's a freaking Porsche FFS.

If you want "Ultra-Reliable", get a Toyota/Lexus.

It's not a cheap car to own. If you can't/won't/don't turn your own wrenches (even for some of it), then it's even "less cheap."

But don't kid yourself that a BMW or Range Rover is going to be any less expensive.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:19 PM
KhmerPepperS
7th Gear

Tell me about it Joe! Man I spent more time underneath my X5 than I did driving it, it seemed. Luckily I do turn my own wrenches and if I am too busy or just too lazy, I have a guy who does any kind of work for less than $40 per hour. If any body needs his info, let me know!
Old 04-23-2015, 05:29 PM
tkrtape12
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice ride ...I like the color combo...I bought a FX45 from those guys ..they're really ggod group...after seeing your stance..I think I'm going to do the links as well...do you mind if I ask where did you get them....Oh yeah welcome back...I to picked up a Turbo after selling my CS...just missed it.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:47 PM
KhmerPepperS
7th Gear

I bought the links off ebay. There are a few companies that sell them, I got mine from a seller in Florida.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:09 PM
vettefan8
Track Day

It looks really nice! Now if you need a good deal on some clear side marker lights (with Amber bulbs) let me know. I bought them for my 03 CTT about a month ago and I never got around to putting them on. They're still in the Porsche boxes. Unfortunately a deer decided it didn't like me very much and they ended up totaling it. It gave me the opportunity to upgrade to a 08 CTT though

Quick Reply: My new to me 04 CTT