Sponsored by:

Another 958 TT or S what should I do thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 04:32 PM
dasaint
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 958 TT or S what should I do thread

So I finally decided that I should go with a cayenne vs a grand Cherokee. So my plan was to get a decently option S come the end of 2015/ start 2016. Well for some reason Im starting to migrate towards a TT. One the reasons because I been seeing CTT for just about the same amount for a S. So to me its a better value, plus i love the look of it better and mpg don't have to be that much different with discipline. Now the reason why I am struggling is because.

1) If I get TT I will be tempted to mod it to increase power since its pretty easy. The S I am not tempted to do anything other than swap in an exhaust. I kinda want to avoid the two car modding as my current vehicle is modded and will be modded some more.

2) The TT v8 seems pretty stout with issues hard to find, but I am little worried that repairs for the TT would be a lot more than NA V8 repairs should they arise. After all its a turbo performance vehicle. I am a maintenance nut and my b5 s4 had stock turbos up to 125k before I sold it so I know the rewards of good upkeep, but still since I plan to keep this car for the long term ie until the wheels falls off, then it might be something i will inevitably face, dreaded out of pocket costs. But I would try to get a CPO or extended warranty for the Porsche dealer (I am trying to get it only from Porsche) but that last only so long.

I been reading the testimonials on here on the TT awesomeness, and its making me hold the TT trigger tighter. But I guess I kinda want someone to kinda talk me out of a turbo, tell me no stick to my original plan or ill be sorry.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:49 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Stick to your original plan and you'll always ask yourself, what if I bought the CTT instead, would I be happier? If you're already having doubts the answer is NO. Buy the CTT and you'll always be happy! IMO it's the best and only choice.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:29 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Sorry, I can't really help you either. I am SO thrilled with the performance of my '12 CTT. I actually BEAT a Shelby Mustang off a light yesterday from 0 - 120 (ok, he was shifting his manual). We both slammed on the brakes at the same time back down to 60 quick (I think we both wanted to show off braking too). But damn I was happy to see his big thumbs up once he pulled up along side me. And THAT was a day after my Saturday of fun on the PCA autocross track putting it through paces.

So after owning, driving & loving my '91 964 Turbo for the last 10 years, I cannot tell you how much fun I have am having falling in love with another Porsche. Top end performance never gets old. The PDCC & PTV are just amazing.

Sure, maybe it's going overboard for a DD SUV. But at my age, it's about time I get to run errands in something that can beat the snot out of most on the road these days.

Again, sorry
=S
Old 04-14-2015, 06:24 PM
John Welch.
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You will never be disappointed if you end up with a turbo. ;-)
Old 04-15-2015, 09:14 AM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

Turbo.
You sound like you would probably mod the S as well soon enough.

Once you have a Cayenne you'll ask yourself how could I have ever thought about that wannabe Jeep.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 304 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by dasaint
...but I am little worried that repairs for the TT would be a lot more than NA V8 repairs should they arise. After all its a turbo performance vehicle...

...But I guess I kinda want someone to kinda talk me out of a turbo, tell me no stick to my original plan or ill be sorry.
What exactly do you mean by higher repair costs because it's a turbo performance vehicle?

Repair costs are going to be high whether it's a turbo or N/A.
Both are "performance vehicles." And expensive to maintain.
Name a Porsche that isn't.

You aren't going to get too many on here to "talk you out of" a turbo. As you've probably noticed, most (including me, BTW) will say:

"No, you'll be sorry if you don't get a turbo."

I was open to either N/A or turbo. Even a V-6 if the right one came along. I figured that I have a 928 if I want to go fast. It just happened that a turbo came my way in good shape for a good price.

And Holy Crap!!!!!
Am I happy it worked out that way.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 AM
TD Pcar
Advanced

I have a CS and love it, but if money was no object, then CS would be out and CTT in. The CS is no slouch however and in regular driving it is awfully quick. People see an SUV and try to turn out in front of me all the time not realizing how quick I'll be in their chili. With bypass pipes the NA exhaust sounds awesome too. Can't go wrong with either honestly.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:48 PM
dasaint
Cruisin'

I appreciate all the feedback guys....i leaning more towards the turbo now =) .....plus you only live once right.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Atlantan
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Even though I have a stock 08 CTT... the torque, acceleration, shifting is significantly better than my previous 07 Quattroporte Automatica.

Quick Reply: Another 958 TT or S what should I do thread