Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a NICE 06 CS TI or 08-10 CS to Tow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Tom_T
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knfeparty
The turbos do put off a lot of heat. You can feel it just walking around the car after it's parked
Ergo, the "gaping maw" look of the CT & CTS front grills for more cooling air & larger radiators, which look neither my wife nor I like.

However, Dilberto & knfeparty - we're not really looking at the CT/CTS/CGTS since our needs can be met fine with a straight ole normally aspirated CS. Not everyone necessarily wants the biggest hot rod Cay out there!

Other CT/CTS owners who did a lot of towing with them have also said that they tend hunt-n-seek up & down shifts on the freeway while towing, than a CS, not to mention lower mpg all around, & extra ponies that we just don't need, the air suspension which I prefer to have steel sprung, & extra price we don't want to pay.

That said, if a really nice CT, CTS, CGTS came up at a great price, then I'd at least look at it. However, the CS is a GREAT car/suv/sav or whatever you wnat to call it, & that's what I'm primarily hunting!

And primarily at this point, we're focused mostly on for the 2006 CS Titanium Ed. in the 6 month only Iceland Silver "silvery-light-blue metallic color" that both my wife & I love - as in my cut-n-paste over the rented Nissan Pathfinder which is actually hitched to our vintage Avion in the attached pic.

So let's please not reopen the "you gotta get the air suspension, turbo, or whatever" debates!

BTW - since your shorthands for the models mostly stick with the C for Cayenne + D or S or TS or GTS - why is everyone using CTT for the Cayenne Turbo?? I mean they're all twin turbo aren't they?

Just seems odd & extra work for the CTT instead of CT!

PS for Dilberto - I happen to like the look of the CS-TI (see, I'm not using CS-TE either! LOL) with the Titanium painted roof rails to set off the paint (& on the other MYs/models too) - plus they give you a couple of extra root-top carrying options as well - without the factory racks on there (which I think are a bit less attractive, even when grouped near the rear when not in use). Ergo my post at your roof rails FS topic, but I'd have to paint them in the correct titanium color to work anyway. We shall have to wait & see if whatever one we get already has them on it though.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Old 07-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Tom_T
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Need a "Look-See" pre-full-PPI in Philly - No. Delaware

Is there anyone in the Philly - No. Delaware area who can look at a 1 owner low mile `06 CS-TI in Newark DE near Philly, to give me the hands & eyeballs on look over, before I proceed any further & spend for a P-dealer PPI at another dealer?

I would also need their nose to verify non-smoker for my radar-nosed wife!

TIA,
Tom
///////

Quick Reply: Looking for a NICE 06 CS TI or 08-10 CS to Tow!