Sponsored by:

Remote Tailgate Close Module

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:22 PM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Tailgate Close Module

One of the members on a Q5 forum has created a module that will allow for the remote closing of the tailgate via the key fob. Being that the Cayenne is a distant cousin of the Q5, I asked him if it would work on our 958's. He thinks it would work, but would need to identify the correct wires to tap into.

They definitely work on the Q7's. I'm quite sure that the module would also work in the others, but we would need to determine which three wires to connect to. If anybody lives in the Cincinnati area and has a Toureg or Cayenne, I would supply and install one for free to verify the wires, correct lengths, and disassembly required...
Unfortunately I am not in the Cincinnati area, otherwise I would take him up on the offer. Any fellow members in Cincinnati that would be willing to try this out? I have no association with the guy, just interested to get this done on my 958 if it indeed works.

Remote Tailgate Close Module
Old 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM
robsc2s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

++++1
Old 01-07-2015, 09:07 PM
ubermich
Advanced

Can you repost the instructions? He has it attached to the OP, but I don't really want to create an account just to download one file.

I'm also kind of curious as to whether it could be modified with the trunk release button to allow for opening as well as closing. If it could work on the 955 I would be in the perfect position to guinea pig since my headliner is out anyway.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:12 PM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

The below link will allow you to download it from my dropbox account, since it is too large to attach to the thread here. Let me know if you need anything else from Doug (the fellow who came up with the module).

Audi Remote Hatch Operation Module InstallationR1
Old 01-07-2015, 10:49 PM
ubermich
Advanced

OK. So this is for Q5/Q7 vehicles which already have automatic hatch opening, right? It looks like it just sends a signal to reverse the motor which is already in place.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

gnat looked into this and this was his response on another board:

Originally Posted by gnat
Well, doesn't look like it will work

Apparently in the Audi's when the tailgate is open if you press the open button again it will still run the lock motor to open the latch. Rather than listening on the CANBUS for the signal, he is taping into the wires that send power to the latch module and waiting for it to get power when his sensor says the gate is open already.

The Cayenne (at least mine) doesn't seem to be doing that which means his solution won't work as is.

Quick Reply: Remote Tailgate Close Module