Sponsored by:

Cayenne S 2006 Gearbox Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Paulgeorg
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Cayenne S 2006 Gearbox Issues

Hi Guys... I´m new on Rennlist and hope you can give me a good advice on this...Here I come with some questions .. I have a Cayenne S 2006 with 82K. I start having issues with the gearbox ..when I push Kick down and the gearbox goes down from 5 gear to 4 gear,...makes and hard conecction ( no smooth at all)..I ask here about any failure..but there is no failure code. Gearbox is Aisin,..hope that the ATF oil level might be a little low and maybe I can get rid of this situation and use the car more agressive for driving.

Do you have some advise of what might be these situation and how to fix it?

Thanks Guys from Chile

Paul
Old 01-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Jeroen Pipelers
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a Transgo shiftkit. I had the same issue. Now my car shifts better then new.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:55 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

The Transgo may be an aftermarket alternative but I would first review the TSB Porsche has out on this. May need a whole valve body or maybe just fresh ATF & Filter.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:57 PM
Paulgeorg
Cruisin'

Thanks . I watch transgo on youtube and definitly is an expert stage.

I was thinking in sell the 2006 cayenne S and get me an 2008-2010 cayenne turbo.

Is this to fool?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Paulgeorg
Cruisin'

here I found some interesting thing ......

VW 09D, Aisin TR60SN
Automatic Transmission Parts

"Transmission repair manual 09D, TR60SN
The Japanese company AISIN Co., LTD is the manufacturer and developer of the Rear Wheel Drive TR60SN transmission, which is a 6 speed, fully automatic and electronic controlled transmission. Volkswagen engineers were also involved, in conjunction with Aisin, in the development process for their vehicles and Volkswagen gave it the "09D" designation. The TR60SN, 09D transmission is used in a wide variety of applications and engine sizes. As a result, the number of friction plates, and planetary gears (3 or 4 pinion), will vary depending on torque load requirements of the specific vehicle. The TR60SN transmission uses a gear ratio sensitive system, requiring the correct transmission interchange. The TR60-SN is currently used in the Porsche Cayenne, Volkswagen Touareg, and Audi Q7 vehicles. The 09D transmission uses a Lepelletier arrangement, using a simple planetary coupled with a Ravigneaux type, dual planetary. This is the same type of gear set that was used in the FMX. This arrangement makes six forward speeds and reverse possible, with only five clutch packs and one freewheel. This manual contains the procedures necessary to diagnose, rebuild and/or repair the TR60SN "09D" transmission and is intended for automotive technicians that are familiar with the operation of automatic transmissions. "

T59165 Shift Kit, 09D (not 09G!)
TransGo # SK O9D
Shift Kit Fits: 6spd 2004-07 Touareg, 2003-06 Porsche Cayenne
Corrects/Reduces/Prevents Rough shifts, flares during up-shifts & kickdown. Rough coast downshifts no pressure rise, TCC slip/shudder.

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/VW09DTR60SN.html
Old 01-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Paulgeorg
Cruisin'

here I found some interesting thing ......

VW 09D, Aisin TR60SN
Automatic Transmission Parts

"Transmission repair manual 09D, TR60SN
The Japanese company AISIN Co., LTD is the manufacturer and developer of the Rear Wheel Drive TR60SN transmission, which is a 6 speed, fully automatic and electronic controlled transmission. Volkswagen engineers were also involved, in conjunction with Aisin, in the development process for their vehicles and Volkswagen gave it the "09D" designation. The TR60SN, 09D transmission is used in a wide variety of applications and engine sizes. As a result, the number of friction plates, and planetary gears (3 or 4 pinion), will vary depending on torque load requirements of the specific vehicle. The TR60SN transmission uses a gear ratio sensitive system, requiring the correct transmission interchange. The TR60-SN is currently used in the Porsche Cayenne, Volkswagen Touareg, and Audi Q7 vehicles. The 09D transmission uses a Lepelletier arrangement, using a simple planetary coupled with a Ravigneaux type, dual planetary. This is the same type of gear set that was used in the FMX. This arrangement makes six forward speeds and reverse possible, with only five clutch packs and one freewheel. This manual contains the procedures necessary to diagnose, rebuild and/or repair the TR60SN "09D" transmission and is intended for automotive technicians that are familiar with the operation of automatic transmissions. "

T59165 Shift Kit, 09D (not 09G!)
TransGo # SK O9D
Shift Kit Fits: 6spd 2004-07 Touareg, 2003-06 Porsche Cayenne
Corrects/Reduces/Prevents Rough shifts, flares during up-shifts & kickdown. Rough coast downshifts no pressure rise, TCC slip/shudder.

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/VW09DTR60SN.html
Old 01-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Max_O
Track Day

Default Trans issue

YMMV, but I had the same issue and I had to get a new valve body and harness installed.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:57 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

My wife's 06 CS seems fine on highway driving in 5th/6th but when stop and go major abrupt kickdown from 4-3-2 and clunky upshifts from 2-3-4. Car when cold no real symptoms til it's warmed up. Thoughts and thanks. I think it needs a new transmission. Mike

Quick Reply: Cayenne S 2006 Gearbox Issues