Sponsored by:

Potential new CD Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 05:26 PM
GDF
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Potential new CD Owner

Hello - contemplating trading our 2013 GL350 for a 2015 White CD with the following options: 19 Cayenne Design II Wheels, Infotainment Package, Panoramic Sunroof, Trailer Hitch, Premium Plus Package and Heated Steering Wheel. My wife would like a smaller SUV than our GL.

I have also looked at a 2015 X5 Diesel, but much prefer the drive of the CD. Although, BMW has much better technology, like HUD, NAV Screen, etc....

Does the PCM show album art when listening to HD radio and streaming bluetooth songs from my iPhone? Does XM radio show album art too? I am guessing the answer is no, but have not found it yet.

From reading the posts, it sounds like the Cayenne will be a great SUV for snow and even better with snow tires.

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:43 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

We have virtually the same options on our 2014 CD. Have it for over a year now and love it. One or two very minor teething glitches taken care of by the dealer. As far as I can tell, no album art, I just see music titles. The Bose system is outstanding (from my point of view). Everything on the Porsche is first rate. A friend who has had maybe 10 Mercedes said the Cayenne has that last forever feel to it.
It is smaller than the GL though, so make sure you take a look at the cargo capacity. It got us through last year's horrible winter easily. Very good in snow with the new Goodyear all seasons. You will love the drive all year long. The diesel gets great mileage and astonishing range.

Quick Reply: Potential new CD Owner