Sponsored by:

First drive in snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Juaneo'sPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First drive in snow

So it started snowing here in NY around 1 pm today. I was at my daughter's dance class when it started. Took me 35 minutes to make a 15 minute trip. But it wasn't MY fault! The Cayenne performed like a champ. There were cars and trucks sliding everywhere and even when I hit a small patch of ice it still recovered within 3 feet maybe. New Pirelli Scorpion Verdes probably helped but I loved the fact that it handled snowy hills (up and down) without any issue when others were getting stuck on those hills.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:33 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

We have treacherous weather here and the winter Pirelli Scorpions work well despite being half worn.

Havent used any other winters on the Cayenne but have tried Michelin Ice and Bridgestone winters which were both good also on a Jeep GC but by far Hankook iPike were best.

Theres not a large selection of winters for the stock 21" wheels.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:37 PM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm using Nokian Hakkapiilittas on 20" wheels. Best dedicated snow tire I have ever used, although I haven't tried the Pirellis or the newer Michelins.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Juaneo'sPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have all-seasons on it. I can only imagine how it must perform with dedicated snows on it. I don't usually take it out in crappy weather. I'm not so concerned about me driving in the bad weather so much as I worry about the dummy next to me with balding tires and no common sense driving a Mustang. I saw a guy in a brand new Corvette a couple years back stuck in a blizzard facing the wrong way. People like that are the reason I take the Rav 4 out in the snow.

Quick Reply: First drive in snow