Old 01-02-2015, 02:34 PM
porsche3.2
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Porsche Cayenne buying checkpoints

Interesting read.

http://www.evo.co.uk/buying/buyinggu...eckpoints.html

Anyone have problems with -

1. Automatic gearbox’s valve block on v6?

2. The drains under the scuttle can get blocked – the tubes could sometimes get flattened from new because they were too long and got trapped behind the wheel arch liner. This causes water to overflow onto the fuse box and ABS controller.

3. The tube to the rear washer, inside the right-hand A-pillar, can freeze, damaging the tube. It then drips over the main ECU. Symptoms are headlights immediately going to main beam and indicators flashing when you turn the lights on.

4. If the parking brake light stays on, the gas strut that actuates the switch has gone weak.

Cheers
Old 01-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 477 Posts

1. I think you're talking about the 'valve body' problem. Do a search and you'll find plenty of info, including a cheap fix.

2. This is the first time I'm hearing of this, so I don't think it's too common.

3. Ditto.

4. My parking brake occasionally sags and I get an alert. I lift it with my toe and it goes away.

That article doesn't make any distinction between the Alpha Cayennes and the Beta Cayennes. Based on my time on this site, I think there were a fair number of niggling problems with the first couple model years that were cleaned up before '07.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:56 PM
porsche3.2
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Shawn what are the Alpha and Beta Cayenne's?

For the brake problem you need a new strut, takes about 10 mins to replace.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm
Old 01-02-2015, 05:06 PM
ubermich
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that, 3.2! Like Shawn I also have to give the pedal a little help to come back. Leave it to the Germans to replace the good 'ol fashioned spring with a gas-powered actuator. Because I would be deeply offended if the parking brake (which I shouldn't have needed in the first place) violently sprung when released! </sarcasm>

I hadn't seen anything about 2 or 3 in my research. When I have the trim pulled for headliner repair I'll take a look at the plausibility of these. I doubt I need to worry about the washer fluid freezing here in Texas, but since I'll be there anyway if it looks plausible I'll work up a drip shield.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne buying checkpoints