Sponsored by:

Updating Cayenne Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
DCJosh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updating Cayenne Navigation

I have been trying to research how to update the Porsche Navigation Disc(s?) in my 2005 Cayenne Turbo.

I am not sure if I have PCM 1 or 2. How can I find that out?

Are there multiple discs required? Is there a reputable retailer that I can use to ensure that I have the most up to date maps? Does the dealership still offer the discs or is it all USB based for the newer touch screen navigation units in the newer cars?

Thanks for any help you can provide and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:31 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

If yours if truly a 2005 it should be PCM2.1 which is DVD based. The newer Nav dics from the dealer comes with 3 total discs. One to update the Nav drive under the passenger seat, one to update the head unit software in the dash unit, and the other is just the new Map navigation disc you will leave in the Nav drive once everything is updated. 2005 PCM2.1's came with Level A software which requires the update to use any 2006 or newer Nav maps. PM me your E-mail address as I'll shoot you the .pdf with the updating instructions as the new discs don't come with instructions. Like it says in the instructions, make sure your Pig is on a battery charger while you do the update.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:18 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 119 Posts

Has anyone found these discs out on bit torrent or similar? I’d be shocked if anyone from navtec or whomever owns them now cares or would pursue the possible copyright implications? PM or links super welcome.

would it even work if we had a set of disc images

ideally for ‘09 CTTS (PCM 3.0, right?)

Quick Reply: Updating Cayenne Navigation