Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Cayenne S Titanium Edition trade-in offer at US$ 8’000 !

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
brooklynkid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
The value of anything is what someone will actually pay for it. To get a handle on real prices for sold vehicles - go search on the same vehicle on Ebay-Autos then go to advanced search and look at "Sold Listings" - you'll see what sold for what $$. That's a good starting point to value a used vehicle.

The Titanium package isn't going to bring much extra, nor will other options.. more or less pennies on the original dollar cost. I just ran the search, and for a 2006 "S" with less than 100k - $15-20k range (the higher value ones have less than 50K miles on them.) For a 2006 S with more than 100k, but less than 125k - it looks like less than $15k (the ones there were sold for "best offer" - but were listed for around $15k - so I'd assume the best offer was less.) And there are very few that sold.

Here is the search:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

If you then switch to "Completed Auctions"
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-...mplete=1&rt=nc

You'll see more > 100k mile listings - which generally didn't sell for $15k or so. There is one much like the OP's - sold for something less than $15.9k (best offer..)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Caye...US_Cars_Trucks

A bit of searching turns up facts..
I agree 100% . you can ask for what ever you want but people will only pay what they want to pay. I have have found edmunds TMV and Ebay very good sources of info for going price of vehicles thru their actual sale price.
Ultimately if the vehicle is worth more to you than 8k, Id keep it and enjoy it. Timing the sale can also be an issue I had a 996ttcab and was being offered wholesale prices in the month of october, I held on to car till the following spring and got 7K more!

either way good luck with sale or just enjoying the PIG
Old 10-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Villian
If you don't think you could get at least 12k for that car, then something is wrong. Especially in any of the Northern states. You're looking at 15K+ easy, even with 100k+ Miles!

Don't fall for the dealers BS, or fall into the normal content Porsche crowd. Reminds me of the Duck crowd I ride along with. Most of them think they're getting a "Great" deal when in reality they're being totally screwed.
You obviously haven't spent a lot of time on the Cayenne forums: we're not the 'normal content Porsche crowd'. You will never find a group of owners that have so much of a love/hate relationship with their vehicles. We're not just making this crap up - especially the first few model years! We've got experience and hard numbers. On what are you basing your assertion that a Cayenne Titanium with 115k on the clock is easily worth more than $15k?

And what is this 'Duck' of which you speak? One of these?

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
8k? This is exactly why I am holding onto my '03 CTT. I have 111k miles and am putting about 8-10k miles on now per year. I anticipate it lasting me another 10 years provided no accidents.
Word. I'm bumping 125k, and I expect to get at least another 5+ years and 50k.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Villian
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
You obviously haven't spent a lot of time on the Cayenne forums: we're not the 'normal content Porsche crowd'. You will never find a group of owners that have so much of a love/hate relationship with their vehicles. We're not just making this crap up - especially the first few model years! We've got experience and hard numbers. On what are you basing your assertion that a Cayenne Titanium with 115k on the clock is easily worth more than $15k?

And what is this 'Duck' of which you speak? One of these?

Word. I'm bumping 125k, and I expect to get at least another 5+ years and 50k.
For what it's worth I've actually driven one of those "Ducks", and I have the certificate to prove it The duck I was talking about is a Ducati. Glad to hear that things here might be different than what I've seen from the rest of the slightly exotic crowd. It's like someone earlier said, it's worth what someone will pay. And I've seen tons of people in the far northern states.. Washington to ND pay 10K+ for used up, beaten 90's SUV's and Trucks. Cayenne's are a bit rarer to see but they tend to go for quite a bit more, even with "High Mileage" 100k+ mile vehicles (Which I would take argument with seeing as how I've seen multiple vehicles with 400k+ and still ticking strong..)
Old 11-03-2014, 04:32 PM
993Mpls
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

GVA-SFO,

I enjoy your ongoing Panamera thread. Why were you looking to trade in your Cayenne? What are you adding to your Panamera and Boxster stable?

-993Mpls
Old 11-08-2014, 06:32 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm local and would be interested at that pricing range + a bit more!
Old 11-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
I'm local and would be interested at that pricing range + a bit more!
Looks like the seller has a buyer who is also willing to pay more.

**Cough** Seller raise your price!
Old 11-09-2014, 11:57 AM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I'd say the offer was 1-2k on the lower end from a dealer. If you nego....you'll probably get 9-10k from porsche dealer.

From dealer prospective, option condition etc etc doesn't really matter. It's 955 with over 100k miles.
They'll flip it to one of their contracted used dealer or straight to auction for 12-13k. It'll be reconditioned etc etc and be marketed 16-18k

Selling price would be 14-16k at the end of the day....

Take it to carmax if you have one around....they have always given me a little more than anywhere else.
I usually track my sold cars just a little bit but they'll usually reconditioned and list my sold vehicles 2.5-3.5k more than what they paid me for. THey have are not negoc so you know there is no wiggle room in their price.

Next option would be trying to sell private...may take some time.

Or keep the cayenne...can't beat the value...unless you really need that money
Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I just pass over a (private) offer at 15k.
Basically, my feelling was the following : I know this car very well, and with that, if I would find it on the market at 15k, I would buy it, so, ..why selling it at this price !
As I do not have any "emergency" to sell it, I decided to keep it, ..untill I got an offer that would let me go..
Old 03-02-2015, 07:00 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Well, I think, I can close the story : Sold, ..for twice the amount proposed by this dealer ! (mileage is 111k).
And, I can note, that if I had few more in the same shape to sale at the same price, ..they would be all gone too !

I would like to mention here that before this private sale, I had a decent offer from Livermore Porsche, where I met VERY nice people, and had great discussion. If they would have the car I was looking for (2013 GTS), I would have done the deal there.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Interesting thread, just read it from start to finish. Glad you got double what they offered you.

One thing that I was surprised was never mentioned... Dealers don't use KBB, NADA, etc. The only people who use either of those are private buyers and sellers. Dealers use a price guide called Galves and it is not even in the same ballpark. The market value on every vehicle is updated and re-published every month. You can not get Galves pricing on-line, or anywhere else for that matter. There is a reason for that.

All these special edition vehicles (Titanium Edition) means nothing. Year, model/sub-model, mileage...period. Big dollar and popular options may add nominal value, like nav, snrf. Overall condition means even less. Just the way it is.

$8000 does seem insulting but I'd be willing to bet that was spot on what the Galves guide was telling them it was worth. By the way every dealer uses it, be it a Porsche dealer or a Honda dealer.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:15 AM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

@Corso, I do not agree with you on these "special" editions.
For example, for me, the color combo, i.e.: having a black car with the deco in titanium "color" instead of chrome, (including the 20" techno wheels painted titanium inside) was great for our eyes.
The inside, being duotone saddle and black was imo, very great too.
Then, having the nav, the bi-Xenon with the cornering headlights, etc.., was also great options to have.
I also liked the double oval exhaust, that was also part of this edition, all together, it makes it a bit different, and even, ..sometime, much easier to find it back in a parking lot !
For the fun, for many years, ours was also "wrongly badged" i.e.:

Then at the end, it was simply anonymous. (No rear badge at all)

Sure, if you buy these, not wanting the options content of such edition, but with the hope that is will keep more value, then, yes, ..it means nothing !

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 03-03-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
@Corso, I do not agree with you on these "special" editions.
For example, for me, the color combo, i.e.: having a black car with the deco in titanium "color" instead of chrome, (including the 20" techno wheels painted titanium inside) was great for our eyes.
The inside, being duotone saddle and black was imo, very great too.
Then, having the nav, the bi-Xenon with the cornering headlights, etc.., was also great options to have.
I also liked the double oval exhaust, that was also part of this edition, all together, it makes it a bit different, and even, ..sometime, much easier to find it back in a parking lot !
For the fun, for many years, ours was also "wrongly badged" i.e.:

Then at the end, it was simply anonymous. (No rear badge at all)

Sure, if you buy these, not wanting the options content of such edition, but with the hope that is will keep more value, then, yes, ..it means nothing !
I'm not saying it doesn't mean anything to you or anyone else who finds the differences and extras desirable. What I'm saying is that when it come to trade-in apprasal, these packages add little-to-nothing to the value. Nothing personal, just a fact.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:13 AM
williamr91
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your a rl member, try selling on here, if I didn't just get my CTT (for a song imo) I would highly consider yours. It looks great! I bet you can ask $12 and get some offers, settle for 10k or so.

The CTT I got (tons of power goodies, and records, see other thread for all the details) had 141k when I bought it 143k now (1 month ago). I paid $10,500, it is an 04' not an 06'
Old 03-03-2015, 12:01 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

I just bought a Cayenne S a few months ago with about 100k on it....I searched for weeks, from Virginia down to Miami. From my recollection, I think you'd normally find that car listed at 12-14k depending on your area. In a low saturation market like here in SC, maybe 14-15...in a bigger city...try 10-12 possibly. If I didn't just buy one I'd be super interested in yours. As a matter of fact...I'll give you $8,100 for it. :-)
Old 05-12-2015, 03:26 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993Mpls
GVA-SFO,
I enjoy your ongoing Panamera thread. Why were you looking to trade in your Cayenne? What are you adding to your Panamera and Boxster stable?
-993Mpls
Thanks for your note. Yes the Panamera 4S is an amazing car. The best car that I ever own, and by far.
Hard to make one more comfy. Just too bad that it is not a "manual" car, it would be simply the best.
(I still have ZERO sign of love for PDK !)

Well, I confirm that it was sold, (private sale, over CList), about 2X the amount of what was offered by that Porsche "dealer", end of last year.

I was looking for a GTS, but, found a CPO CTT at my favorite dealer (Rector) that was configured OK for our taste, ..i.e.: including a towing bar !
Just after selling the CS TitEd, we "got back" a Touareg V6, but no Nav, no tow and the feeling of riding a truck, (btw, I did 500 miles with a 2016 oil burner (Cayenne), with no air susp. ..and just feeling that it was not any better than the Touareg !
Imo, Air Susp is realy a MUST !!), so, the Touareg was traded in on this deal !

So, I'm back on track under the Cayenne RL chapter too !

PS: I love the name of this VW model: Touareg.
For info, from Wikipedia :
The Tuareg (also spelled Twareg or Touareg; endonym Imuhagh) are Berber people with a traditionally nomadic pastoralist lifestyle. They are the principal inhabitants of the Saharan interior of North Africa.
The Tuareg language, a branch of the Berber languages, has an estimated 1.2 million speakers. About half this number is accounted for by speakers of the Eastern dialect (Tamajaq, Tawallammat). Most Tuareg live in the Saharan parts of Niger, Mali, and Algeria. Being nomadic, they move constantly across national borders, and small groups of Tuareg also live in southeastern Algeria, southwestern Libya and northern Burkina Faso, and a small community in northern Nigeria.

Some years ago, I did 2'000 miles, mostly off road in Oman, (.."doing" the Touareg, but, with a T. Land Cruiser !!) and, ..it was simply BEAUTIFUL.

PS2 : from this deal, I have few Cayenne parts, that I have for sale :

. A front 955 Turbo bumper kit, i.e.: bumper (that was used, but in great shape), with all brand new grilles, as well as Parking sensor adaptor, wash nozzle/cover adaptor, as, I was having on mind to change the Tit Edit bumper to get a more nicer look, and better air intake, (thinking to increase cooling.)
For the price, I'm waiting for the best offer !!

. A brand new Curt Class 3 (6'000 pounds) tow bar, that is good for all Cayenne, Touareg and Q7, but here, the best would be to pick-up (SF Bay area), as this is very heavy (56 pounds). I would like US$ 140 for it.

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 05-13-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne S Titanium Edition trade-in offer at US$ 8’000 !