Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Porsche Cayenne S coolant / coolant pipes potential leak?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:16 PM
rting
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 Porsche Cayenne S coolant / coolant pipes potential leak?

Hi all,

Recently, noticed my 2004 Cs coolant temperature gauge rises and the coolant fan engaging for it drop back to normal operating temperature - while I am stopped at traffic lights or in a traffic jam.

Let the car sat overnight last night and today found that coolant level is at minimum. Added about 700ml coolant mixture (50/50 by volume) to bring it back to the MAX level - and planning to take the car out for a test spin after I finish typing this and see if the problem persist - if indeed it is a problem.

Reason for posting here is that I have the following questions:
1. Is there a silent recall with PCNA regarding the coolant pipes / water pump. (saw this:
)
2. I do not remember there was any wet / water where I parked the car in the garage - can I still have a leak? As I needed to add 700ml+ of coolant - I believe out of the 18L total coolant capacity.
3. My dealer is not replying my e-mail from yesterday (yet) but without a recall item, how much approximately would a job of replacing the coolant pipes (but not the water pump) cost with parts and labor before tax? I am planning to get an independent Porsche mechanic to service it if there is no silent recall.

THANKS!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:47 PM
scottl951
Formerly 'slevy951'
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Nothing silent about it....

http://www.coolantpipesettlement.com/
Old 10-07-2014, 10:23 PM
rting
Instructor

WTF!

Update: it does not sounds like it is leaking but how do I force the dealer to replace the parts so I can claim PCNA? Walk into the dealer and say, "boy do I have another one for you!?"
Old 12-17-2014, 12:46 PM
rting
Instructor

Angry Got it fixed ... BUT ...

WTF Again!

Oh yeah, found a small leak and went ahead with the fix at an authuorized Porsche Dealer ... cost C$2,400 with tax.

Porsche says that the offer for reimbursemnet is C$375 and that has to be in line with the US law suit settlement.

I have a feeling when this law suit started all vehicles (2003-2006 model years) were probably out of warranty. It looks like the lawyers won in this particular law suit and neither Cayenne owners affected nor Porsche actually looked good.

The reason for the fix is that I was lucky that it was only the coolant pipes and nothing else. My bill could have be way above $3K ... the spark plugs issue was $1,800+ and I got reimbursed.

May be the ONLY thing I can do now is never go ahead and buy the first model iteration ...

Quick Reply: 2004 Porsche Cayenne S coolant / coolant pipes potential leak?