New 2015 Cayennes announced

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:24 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sclemmons
$92k and a stock radio? Ouch.
I don't listen to the radio except for the news otherwise I'm talking on my Ham Radio or just driven. I wanted all the performance and if you don't stop ticking off the options the sky's the limit with Porsche, if I got too high I might have to consider the new Italia 458 the dealer had sitting there. I took it out for a spin wow now that's a machine. It would probably shorten my life if I bought that.
Not in my price range thank goodness.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm glad they are dropping, at least for now, the base six. I had one for a couple months and was so disappointed in it that I traded it in on a 2014 CD Platinum Edition. Love the CD.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:26 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveFromMN
I don't listen to the radio except for the news otherwise I'm talking on my Ham Radio or just driven. I wanted all the performance and if you don't stop ticking off the options the sky's the limit with Porsche, if I got too high I might have to consider the new Italia 458 the dealer had sitting there. I took it out for a spin wow now that's a machine. It would probably shorten my life if I bought that.
Not in my price range thank goodness.
I'm with you on how the options add up, and when my wife ordered her 2012 CV6, she went with the standard sound, and she has regrets. When I ordered my 2013CD, I got the BOSE, and have no regrets. Since you listen to the news, you might like the HD radio -- clearer / crisper sound.

BTW, my wife says that my CD sounds like a sewing machine, but how would she know? It's not like she's ever seen a sewing machine.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 PM
TGED
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since 2015 Cayenne S gets standard PCM/Navi, the sound system is already upgraded and is better than the base system.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:52 AM
racer_65
Racer

If you really want to save money on options, it's better to pick a car off the lot rather than doing a build with minimal options.

I have a Bose system in my '06 with just a standard radio (no PCM) and never regretted it. The PCM was a $4000+ option that sucks by '06 standards and would be totally antiquated by now. I can pop in a Dynavin N6 today for under $1000 and the car would be brought up to the latest standards.

Last edited by racer_65; 08-02-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:59 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TGED
Since 2015 Cayenne S gets standard PCM/Navi, the sound system is already upgraded and is better than the base system.
Does this include a rearview camera as standard?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:02 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Originally Posted by rbaron
Does this include a rearview camera as standard?
NOPE!
Old 08-03-2014, 04:21 AM
L_perm
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't hold my breath for a NA V8 GTS in 2016. The Porsche norm would be to tune the S motor, and maintaining the NA V8 for such a small market segment--GTS buyers--won't make sense. Pick up your 2014 GTS's now if you want a NA V8. I strongly recommend it, BTW.

LP

Where options are concerned, I can attest that the GTS does fine without the PTV+, the ceramic brakes, and the dynamic cornering thingy. More things that can break IMO. No active cruise either--wouldn't trust it.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:17 AM
SteveFromMN
Pro

[QUOTE=L_perm;11550124]I wouldn't hold my breath for a NA V8 GTS in 2016. The Porsche norm would be to tune the S motor, and maintaining the NA V8 for such a small market segment--GTS buyers--won't make sense. Pick up your 2014 GTS's now if you want a NA V8. I strongly recommend it, BTW.

+1
I did a back to back on the PTV and PDCC and now it's a must have for me so I ordered a 2015. YMMV
Old 08-03-2014, 12:44 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by L_perm
I wouldn't hold my breath for a NA V8 GTS in 2016. The Porsche norm would be to tune the S motor, and maintaining the NA V8 for such a small market segment--GTS buyers--won't make sense. Pick up your 2014 GTS's now if you want a NA V8. I strongly recommend it, BTW.
I'm not 100% sure the V8 will not be available on the GTS, since it has been maintained for the Panamera GTS, although, as you suggest, I would not count on it. It is a lovely motor, probably amongst the best current P-car engines. Not the most practical pick, but a most enjoyable one.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 AM
L_perm
Pro

...I did a back to back on the PTV and PDCC and now it's a must have for me so I ordered a 2015. YMMV
Enjoy!

I have something of a "gizmophobia." The PTV+ wouldn't scare me much because it is a software extension of the regular stability system. The PDCC would scare me though--new active hardware on the sway bars that are constantly moving. I'm already not looking forward to having air suspension when it goes out of warranty.

BTW, the new steering wheel looks great--real paddles and multi-function. I have the real-paddle version on my 2013, but it's not multi-function. I considered it a 100% necessity, as I do not like those shift buttons on the old default wheel at all.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:49 AM
L_perm
Pro

Originally Posted by 500_19B
I'm not 100% sure the V8 will not be available on the GTS, since it has been maintained for the Panamera GTS, although, as you suggest, I would not count on it. It is a lovely motor, probably amongst the best current P-car engines. Not the most practical pick, but a most enjoyable one.
The Panamera GTS situation does add some uncertainty. I agree on the 4.8--very nice motor.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:01 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Originally Posted by L_perm
Enjoy!

I have something of a "gizmophobia." The PTV+ wouldn't scare me much because it is a software extension of the regular stability system. The PDCC would scare me though--new active hardware on the sway bars that are constantly moving. I'm already not looking forward to having air suspension when it goes out of warranty.

BTW, the new steering wheel looks great--real paddles and multi-function. I have the real-paddle version on my 2013, but it's not multi-function. I considered it a 100% necessity, as I do not like those shift buttons on the old default wheel at all.
I agree on your "gizmophopia" but hey the whole car is that way. So I figure most of this stuff has been out for a while. I would have liked the NA V8 for just that reason. If anyone should know how to do Turbos it should be Porsche but I still worry. It will have a 4 year Warranty and I expect it to be as reliable as all the 4Runners I have owned. If not I'll dump it and take my lumps and return to Toyota. I have to say both 911's have met my expectations. My 99 996 was perfect for 13 years and my 2012 997 s Cab has been flawless. BTW I run the p---s out of them and expect to treat the Cayenne the same way.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
L_perm
Pro

I agree on your "gizmophopia" but hey the whole car is that way. So I figure most of this stuff has been out for a while. I would have liked the NA V8 for just that reason. If anyone should know how to do Turbos it should be Porsche but I still worry. It will have a 4 year Warranty and I expect it to be as reliable as all the 4Runners I have owned. If not I'll dump it and take my lumps and return to Toyota. I have to say both 911's have met my expectations. My 99 996 was perfect for 13 years and my 2012 997 s Cab has been flawless. BTW I run the p---s out of them and expect to treat the Cayenne the same way.
You might be able to tell from my avatar that I'm not necessarily biased against turbos, or flat sixes. My 928 S4 (actually it's my 4-year-old's shark if you ask him) sounds like a proper American V8, and I love it too! And, I can actually do my own work on it--added bonus.

I've spent my allowance on toys and won't be able to afford anything as nice anytime soon, so now I just have to maintain them. I'm putting about 3,500 miles on the 958 per year, along with about 2,000 on each of the 997 and 928. My wife's vehicle is likely to be the only one replaced in the next decade, so I will--God willing--have the 958 way beyond its warranty period. I expect I may have to clean out the heads and valvetrain due to DI someday. I give it periodic workouts, so hopefully that will help.

LP
Old 08-04-2014, 06:39 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

How's the V6 turbo in the S going to be for towing? Same capacity as before? ie. 7700lbs?

Quick Reply: New 2015 Cayennes announced