Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone moving to a Range Rover Sport (RRS)?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:25 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

LOLs!!
It is hard to fathom why they still use that tradename.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:00 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had three Rovers and two Porsches, and the Rovers have been far more reliable. My wife's 2008 RR has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Granted, I think I hit Rover's sweet spot of owning all 2006 - 2008 models, with the other Rovers being an LR3 and RRS S\C.

My 2009 Cayenne GTS was a much better vehicle on the tarmac, and also had a much better interior design. All the Rovers are ungodly competent off-tarmac, and the RR remains one of the nicest driving vehicles on or offroad, as long as you stay away from roads where all Porsches thrive (curves).

The new RRS has addressed most of the interior design and on-tarmac performance issues of the pre-2013 models, but it still has a rough ride and I can't get warm and fuzzy about the V6 - which you are avoiding. V8 is a growling torque monster. The post-2010 Rovers have had a lot more electrical gremlins that the 2006 - 2009's, especially the 2010's. My mother-in-law's 2010 RR has had a lot of issues. As always, never buy the first year of a redesign, you will be the beta tester. A lot also depends on the dealer. If you have an incompetent dealer, I can guarantee your experience will be miserable. My dealer does a lot of software updates and preventive maintenance every time it is serviced (2x a year - regardless of mileage). It really makes a difference. They also provide a Jaguar/LandRover loaner, including XJL's for every visit.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoWilson
Copied from another website

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness"

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF.

The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.

"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob...

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.

Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"

Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.

Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Lucas engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas made the refrigerators, too.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone. Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

How to make AIDS disappear? Give it a Lucas parts number.

Recently, Lucas won out over Bosch to supply the electrical for the new Volkswagens. So, now the cars from the Black Forest will come with electrics supplied by the Lord of Darkness -- how appropriate!

Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.
ROFLMAO
Old 05-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

And if the smoke ever gets out of your Lucas wiring they do have replacement.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 12-24-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:59 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

I just cant get excited about the RRS. It reminds me of the Ford Edge, and that is not good. You need the V8 for performance. And it does not use hot dip galvanized steel like the Porsches. Its not cheap and its not a Porsche. I could never get excited about this one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone moving to a Range Rover Sport (RRS)?