Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info danit.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Originally Posted by scott40
382hp, 627lb ft torque diesel s coming to US for 2017 model year
you don't need the v8 diesel in america. and i mean this objectively. it really shines vs the v6 diesel only at illegal speeds. very nice and useful on the autobahn, though.... in the us i would get the v6 gas model with pdcc given the driving landscape there.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
the 4.2 tdi is very good, but it's not CTT engine good. I did my share of miles in a Q7 4.2tdi with a custom tune and custom exhaust (I don't recall the exact figures, but torque was over 1000nm = 737lb-ft). regular driving is perfect, but if you want to drive quick, pass other cars, etc. you come to realize that it's still diesel sluggish. the power and torque is there but the powerband is really narrow. if you want, I can take my friend and do a comparison with a CTT head to head.
driving is very different in the US so I can imagine a lot of people liking it.

the only diesel I REALLY like is the V12 6.0l in a Q7. now that's something. it doesn't matter what gear it's in, it just pulls like crazy. with a custom tune, it's pretty easy to go over 1400nm / 1030lb-ft. now give me a solid point in the galaxy and I'll turn the earth I'm actually on a lookout for one now, will see if anything I like comes around.
i mostly agree. the v8 diesel feeds you the power more gradually than the turbo gasser. diesel sluggish is harsher than i would have put it, but in the usa where you need quick acceleration for overtaking slow vehicles, but have a low top speed limit, the gas models seem to be a better fit. let me put it this way- by the time you overtake in the big diesel, you probably will find you are going way too fast- this diesel builds up quite a head of steam, but it isnt instantaneous. the v6 diesel, especially if upped to 300hp in 2015, would be absolutely great... few would benefit from more hp than that from the diesel. i would spend my dollars in the usa for the pdcc and stick to the base gas v6.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:23 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

627 torques is awesome
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
man ah man, I would love a Cayenne S Diesel with the V12 6.0l in a Q7
FIFY
Old 03-10-2014, 11:50 PM
CaptJim
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseph O'Reilly
you don't need the v8 diesel in america. and i mean this objectively. it really shines vs the v6 diesel only at illegal speeds. very nice and useful on the autobahn, though.... in the us i would get the v6 gas model with pdcc given the driving landscape there.
Oh, but we want a V8 Diesel in America! We have all the driving conditions across the expanse that is this great continent. The power would be great for climbing many mountain highways. V12 too, at least offer a special order option.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:37 PM
jzaruby
Rennlist Member

According to the GM at a local Porsche dealership there isn't going to be a diesel offered in 2015. He said that with the Macan coming online they didn't have the capcity to include a diesel in the new Cayenne for 2015. Has anyone else heard something similar?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:40 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Can someone explain the Cayenne S Diesel I saw in Westport, CT yesterday? The owner who didnt seem to know much about the car (maybe it was her husbands) said it was a 2013 and she loved it. Is it possible it was a European spec car? Maybe someone just added an S to the rear.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:44 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

My prediction is that it is going to be same as the upcoming diesel Macan, 258hp.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:10 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jzaruby
According to the GM at a local Porsche dealership there isn't going to be a diesel offered in 2015. He said that with the Macan coming online they didn't have the capcity to include a diesel in the new Cayenne for 2015. Has anyone else heard something similar?
I can't imagine that as the CD is still the top seller of the Cayenne range the last I heard. I don't see them cutting it from the line up.

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Can someone explain the Cayenne S Diesel I saw in Westport, CT yesterday? The owner who didnt seem to know much about the car (maybe it was her husbands) said it was a 2013 and she loved it. Is it possible it was a European spec car? Maybe someone just added an S to the rear.
Did it have diplomat plates? Westport is close enough to the UN that it could have been a diplomat's car in which case it could very well be a Euro spec, though I didn't think the CDS came out until the '14 MY.

Other option is that they could work for PCNA (though I don't know why they'd be doing so from CT since they're based in GA) and could be doing road testing, but I'd be shocked for a '13 to still be "testing" and I would expect some type of special plate.

My guess is that some knucklehead stuck an S badge on it to be cute.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:23 AM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
I

Did it have diplomat plates? Westport is close enough to the UN that it could have been a diplomat's car in which case it could very well be a Euro spec, though I didn't think the CDS came out until the '14 MY.

Other option is that they could work for PCNA (though I don't know why they'd be doing so from CT since they're based in GA) and could be doing road testing, but I'd be shocked for a '13 to still be "testing" and I would expect some type of special plate.

My guess is that some knucklehead stuck an S badge on it to be cute.
Didnt see diplomatic plates...I think we have a fake S badge here.

Quick Reply: 2015 CD to have 258hp or 300hp?