Sponsored by:

No sound... cold morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:42 AM
westy66
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No sound... cold morning

I started my car early this morning (-10° F), turned off the radio like I normally do and when I came back to the car it would not turn back on. I have display I have navigation everything seems to be normal except I have no sound coming out anywhere. I have gone through and checked all the fuses nothing seems to be blown, I don't know if there is anything else to check before going to the dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you
Old 01-28-2014, 12:11 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Intermittent amplifier failure is pretty common. If you can unplug the amp and plug it back in, most of the time this will get it working again... Until it happens again. If you have a warranty, let the dealer replace the amp.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:58 PM
kslowinski
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue.. based in Chicago.. Radio made some interference sounds and then nothing.. have restarted the car a few times. I have read that i might have to unplug the amp wires and this might solve it.. going to wait til its a little warmer outside.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:24 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

See my thread about the same thing but about a week ago.

You probably have a low battery.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:02 PM
digitaljok
Advanced

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
See my thread about the same thing but about a week ago.

You probably have a low battery.
Beat me to the punch, that's what I was going to suggest. Here's the thread in question: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...m-anomaly.html
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM
westy66
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the response. I figured it out accidentally by removing and replacing a fuse in the right side fuse panel. I must have reset the amp that way. Weird. I assume my battery was just replaced with the CPO process in july.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by westy66
Thanks for the response. I figured it out accidentally by removing and replacing a fuse in the right side fuse panel. I must have reset the amp that way. Weird. I assume my battery was just replaced with the CPO process in july.
Unless you have proof the battery was replaced - don't assume. It only has to pass a load test (if they even do it..) The battery doesn't have to be replaced for CPO.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:42 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by digitaljok
Beat me to the punch, that's what I was going to suggest. Here's the thread in question: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...m-anomaly.html
I don't know if you saw my reply but my battery did test low. I don't know if it is OEM, but I plan on replacing it any day now.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:45 PM
digitaljok
Advanced

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Unless you have proof the battery was replaced - don't assume. It only has to pass a load test (if they even do it..) The battery doesn't have to be replaced for CPO.
Seconded. Mine was CPO'd at ~3yrs after delivery and the battery was definitely not replaced. Just all brakes and tires.

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
I don't know if you saw my reply but my battery did test low. I don't know if it is OEM, but I plan on replacing it any day now.
Yep, glad it turned out to be an easy fix.

Quick Reply: No sound... cold morning