Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 Series I
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the awful sound improve when you upgrade the head unit?

Old 01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
johndglynn
User

I junked muddy-sounding PCM 2 within a few months of buying an 04 CS with standard speakers. Highly unimpressed with standard audio.

Replaced with a Kenwood DNX4210 DAB unit (UK) and sound quality now markedly better. I was planning to rip out the speakers the following week but that can wait a while as this is more than bearable.

Next got to drill the roof for decent DAB/digital radio antenna. Will fit some Philips DAP amps with Kef 8" subs and B&W/Kef speakers in due course.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:09 PM
YRUNVS
User

Default Bose audio systems

I have had two cars with Bose audio "upgraded" sound systems. They were not awful, but it is like I have heard it said, "if it's Bose, it has no highs or lows" I have a tendency to agree. The system performed ok, very flat, just not as good as I think The Bose company thinks they sound. I optioned my MY13 Cayenne with the Burmester audio option. While I do not consider myself an audio expert, I have to say if you are looking for a incredible sound system for a vehicle, this is it. Though a comparable quality replacement system might be able to be installed at a lower cost, I am very pleased I spend the extra to have this in my Cayenne. I believe this is the gold standard for an audio experience in a vehicle. I agree with others that the Bose is not all it is cut out to be. Just my opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does the awful sound improve when you upgrade the head unit?

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: