Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tire recs for 2009 Base Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 12:23 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hankook ATM. If you have the 17s and want a thicker tire. Diamars were way to soft for my tastes. 2006 base with 155k miles original owner.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:27 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

https://rennlist.com/rennforums/show...hlight=offroad
Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im about to get new shoes.
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza -
265/60r18 | 110V | 600AA

Its hard to find taller tires with a high speed rating, good load rating, quiet, good performance and wear and reasonably priced.

There are a lot of good reviews from porsche, touareg and benz suv drivers on tirerack for these tires. These below are from cayenne drivers.

Can't beat this tire in this category. Perfect all season tire for high performance and powerful SUV.
This car eats tires. I hated the Turanzas that came with it, they wore out in 15,000 miles and they were terrible in snow. These Duelers are amazing, they last 2x as long as the others and they are more stable, more comfortable and allow this SUV to handle better than when on the Turanzas. If you have an SUV and move to this tire you wont be sorry.
If you own a Cayenne or Toreag you know these SUV's eat tires (OE replace every 20,000 miles). Tire rack talked me into these tires and I am glad they did! They handle great and are very quiet! I have 40,000 on these tires and still have tread left on this all wheel all the time drive! Without hesitation I will replace them with the same tire. I am hooked!
When my Cayenne S was new it ate the tires that came with it i.e. Continental...relpacing them every 20,000 miles. These Bridgestones are by far the best tire for this Porsche model, period! I am going on 50,000 miles on these tires and I still have tread left. Handling is good and they are not noisey even down to this wear level. I will be purchasing these same tires again, hands down!
I looked for something after the OEM "N" tires wore out after the typical 15,000 miles. These tires are the best. Quiet, smooth and responsive with every indication that they should last on this heavy vehicle. The load rating was important as I tow other vehicles on a trailer with the Cayenne. In my estimation you would not go wrong with these tires on you Porsche SUV.
These have lasted much longer than the Continentals that it came with. Ride is excellent and mine has the adjustable air suspension and the tires drive and ride great on the highway but can grip surprisingly well on the stiffer suspension settings. They also perform quite well off-road. I've even driven on pure dirt roads with no issues and have been able to drive through muddy roads with ruts and larger puddles without issue. These are by no stretch mud tires, but with the cayenne diff locked and in the low range it has never gotten me stuck in the woods under conditions my brother's Ford has. I've also towed (up to 4000 pounds)with these tires with no issues on sway.
A local tire shop can get them for $158/ea plus install. Gonna take the plunge and will report back.

Quick Reply: New tire recs for 2009 Base Cayenne?