Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faulty Front Right Body Acceleration Sensor (2009 GTS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 01:08 PM
theprezzz77
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Front Right Body Acceleration Sensor (2009 GTS)

Howdy Pig Lovers,

I was driving the other day and my "Chassis System Faulty" light paid me a visit. After sticking it on a tester, I read the code as a "140- Implausible Signal-Body Acceleration Sensor Front Right". I cleared it hoping it was maybe something temporarily triggered, and it came back again.

I am assuming I need to order a new sensor (part # 95560607802). I also tried deciphering some parts maps to see how accessible the old sensor is to replace it and it is somewhat unclear. Has anyone had to replace these before? It seems like the sensor would be accessible by jacking the car up on that corner and removing the wheel liner, however I can't figure out where the location of the sensor would be. I can see via the diagram attached it should be somewhere in the upper front?

If someone could help me out in regards to this, I would be forever grateful!

Cheers!
Attached Images  

Last edited by theprezzz77; 11-21-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added Diagram
Old 11-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 494 Posts

I just had the same fault last month and had the same sensor replaced by the dealer under warranty. It also provided me with a "Sport Mode" failure. Sorry but I can't help you with a DIY.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
theprezzz77
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just replaced the sensor this morning. Couldn't believe how easy and problem free the repair went. I lifted the car in the front corner, removed wheel and wheel liner, and it's right in the top middle. I noticed the warning was clearly coming from a deteriorated old sensor (the rubber housing covering the main part of the sensor was split exposing the naked wires to dirt and debris. From start to finish, took about 25 minutes. DIY=$135 CDN, cost at dealer=estimated to be $195 for part and 2 hours of labour!

DP
Old 07-17-2021, 06:14 PM
dporsche74
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got a Chassis fault and Sport Failure today . Durametric pulled a code ..

139 Body Acceleration Sensor front left Open circuit short ground a
139 Body Acceleration Sensor Front left Implausible signal....

anyone know the Left side Sensor location and part number?

thanks much!!
Old 07-17-2021, 09:35 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by dporsche74
I just got a Chassis fault and Sport Failure today . Durametric pulled a code ..

139 Body Acceleration Sensor front left Open circuit short ground a
139 Body Acceleration Sensor Front left Implausible signal....

anyone know the Left side Sensor location and part number?

thanks much!!
gotta pull the wheel and fender liner…sensor is located near the top of the strut. Held on with a single screw IIRC…it’s a common VAG part.

V-7LO 907 673 D, was on one
Conti 15.1792-0033.1, crosses to a 7L 090 767 4BE apparently.

Seems to be on a lot of Touregs, Q7’s also.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:19 PM
dporsche74
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Mine was totally rusted and cracked to bits,.... None matched the numbers like mine off the car exactly Does it matter?

I just bought NOS 95560607702 Left side sensor for 200 ..
The VW and Q7 ones almost the same numbers but not fully like the Porsche ones and about the same Price for either. of them too.
Just feels like its not gonna work properly when it says VW Tourag and Not Porsche Im i crazy? .....
Old 06-09-2022, 12:11 PM
tkbailey
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 958, but same sensor, same error code. I was able to replace mine last month from the top. Was a couple minute job. I noticed there was some liquid in the old sensor so I saved it figuring that would cause the short.

I'm getting the error again now (rained yesterday). I'm guessing water is in it again. Before I dig into it, anyone having issues with rain getting in these and causing them to fail? Perhaps I need to replace the connector? If I recall correctly, the water seal is on the connector not the sensor. Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Old 06-13-2022, 06:55 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tkbailey
I have a 958, but same sensor, same error code. I was able to replace mine last month from the top. Was a couple minute job. I noticed there was some liquid in the old sensor so I saved it figuring that would cause the short.

I'm getting the error again now (rained yesterday). I'm guessing water is in it again. Before I dig into it, anyone having issues with rain getting in these and causing them to fail? Perhaps I need to replace the connector? If I recall correctly, the water seal is on the connector not the sensor. Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue.
The components are placed inside a plastic casing and then sealed with an epoxy-like liquid; usually in order to prevent tampering. The epoxy sealant cracks and allows humidity to enter the works inside.

Place the entire unit inside an oven and bake it on low heat for 15-20 minutes. This will force the humidity out of the box. Reseal using silicone sealant along the entire surface and re-mount.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:13 PM
tkbailey
7th Gear

Do you put sealant on the pins? I end up with standing fluid inside where you plug the wiring connector in, which seems to be shorting out the pins.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:46 AM
tkbailey
7th Gear

I just took off the plastic engine cover on the passenger side of the engine bay, it sits down in between the washer fluid reservoir and the ABS module. It's just a little sensor with a single bolt holding it in. A long socket extension with a swivel and I was able to pull this out from the top pretty easily.

Problem I'm struggling with, I replaced the sensor, and I keep getting the error intermittently. Seems like some water gets in there so I taped up the wire/connector to try to seal that off. Same issue. I guess I'll try to replace this one more time. I bought a used one off ebay so, maybe I'm just chasing the same problem.

If you look at the part, there is a VW part number. I think it's like $150 through VW, and $250 through porsche. Up to you which name you want on the box I guess

Quick Reply: Faulty Front Right Body Acceleration Sensor (2009 GTS)