Sponsored by:

2006 Turbo first drive impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:30 AM
urs4
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Turbo first drive impressions

Drove a 2006 TT yesterday from a local dealer. Mileage of 95k. Black on black.
Upon startup, the engine had a unique sound. Much like hearing a lot of belts or pulleys under the hood. Not squealing or anything, but just different.
There was a rattle in the b-pillar where the seat belt goes in. Perhaps people here can comment if rattles are a common issue with these cars.
As far as acceleration, all I can say is Wow. This thing will put you in the back of your seat. Simply amazing.
My current car has a manual transmission. I noticed upon letting my foot off the gas on the TT car is it has a tendency to slow down or decelerate as opposed to coast. Probably just the difference in transmissions.
Seats were hard and was difficult to get seat in proper position, but it was a short test drive and didn't want to fiddle with it too much.
Dash is nice to look at.
All in all, pretty awesome ride. Had a shiiit eating grin when I handed in the keys.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Keep in mid if you are shopping cayennes.. There is a wide variance in condition and upkeep. There are a lot on the market so do you diligence.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:16 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

No rattles in my '06CTTS. Not an unusual amount of under the hood ancillary noise compared to other vehicles. Should be all power seats, lots of adjustments including Lumbar support. If you accelerate hard it will stay in a lower gear and compression slow more. You can shift up on a higher gear manually or just accelerate easier, but yes the tranny does seem to off throttle brake a little more than a economy cars transmission programming.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:30 AM
pancholi
Advanced

what you say sounds about right..
seems to engine break on throttle lift off
and nothing ominous, but a bit more engine 'belty' noise rather then a thrum of the exhausts.
but the acceleration is grin inducing
Old 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the upside of engine braking is being able to get back on throttle again..
Old 11-11-2013, 02:45 AM
DenverSteve
Advanced

My advice is to check out several until you find "the one" you want. Then have it checked out thoroughly before buying. I don't drive anything unless my checkbook is in my pocket and I'm ready to buy. If it's not "the one" it's a waste of my time, and the dealerships.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:36 PM
WILLCAT
7th Gear

Default URS4,

Hey URS4, if you have any interest in an 05 TT with 47,400 miles (gray with black) I will be posting in the classifieds probably tomorrow. A great car that has been in the family since new...has NAV, sunroof, BOSE upgrade...a fantastic car.

Quick Reply: 2006 Turbo first drive impressions