Sponsored by:

Can't take it anymore need to order a GTS questions and help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:07 AM
LuxuryGuru
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't take it anymore need to order a GTS questions and help

Ive been porscheless for far too long (owned a couple of cayennes and 911s). Im thinking of custom ordering a GTS and doing the euro delivery. Looking for any feedback on must have options (I live in Miami Fla), comments on euro delivery, and any recommended dealers for good pricing on an EU delivery special order (if I'm allowed to ask this question). Thanks
Old 11-03-2013, 02:13 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Not sure on which options will be better for you (I am in the snow & long highway drives - my needs are way different) but i can comment on the EU delivery.

Take a look at the threads on EU delivery, especially the ones by Zorba (She did a summer EU this year)
Lots of great information, and more than I could put here.
I know, no one likes to be told to read the threads, but you will be well rewarded by the time spent there.
I can say our EU delivery in 2011 was outstanding.

As far as I know, there is no extra cost to you for EU delivery, but some dealers don't discount off MSRP.
Depends on the location & demand.
Good luck!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

I ordered and picked up a 2014 Cayenne GTS this summer. I drove it through 5 countries over 1400 miles with 4 passengers and it was the perfect vehicle. I ran for extended periods at 130 mph without the slightest issue.

The dealer doesn't charge for European delivery, however, PMNA forces the dealer to pay $2,500 for the service. As a result, they are much more resistant to discounting a European delivery vehicle.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:38 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by LuxuryGuru
Ive been porscheless for far too long (owned a couple of cayennes and 911s). Im thinking of custom ordering a GTS and doing the euro delivery. Looking for any feedback on must have options (I live in Miami Fla), comments on euro delivery, and any recommended dealers for good pricing on an EU delivery special order (if I'm allowed to ask this question). Thanks
Do the Euro Delivery without at doubt! We had such a great time and the experience we had in Leipzig at the Porsche factory was unparalleled.

I wrote a blog of my experience from the ordering of the vehicle, to the planning to the pickup and our trip after. If you want, you can read about it here: http://nevermindaboutthat.wordpress.com

You can read through the entire thing or just link over to the day of if you like.

I didn't know anything about the ED until someone on here mentioned it and I am so glad that they did. From there I started searching everything I could about that experience and read a some great blogs along the way. Partly I had to blog about it because I knew we were going to be seeing a lot of places in a short period of time and it would end up being a blur. Just recently I went back and read through the whole thing and got a chance to be reminded of things I had already forgotten.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or write me on here. I am already trying to figure a way to do another one…perhaps a 911 is in my future

Quick Reply: Can't take it anymore need to order a GTS questions and help