Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody lift a Cayenne with a MaxJax?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

This is all based on my recent experience, YMMV. Call Dannmar and ask to speak to Gabe and he can give you all of the information you require. I ordered the correct epoxy anchors (female type) from the place that supports the MaxJax (Garage Equipment Supply or something like that). One wouldn't want the stud type that stick out of the concrete because most want the floor to be flush (not tripping over studs sticking out of the floor) and it would be difficult to place the post over the studs each time. The epoxy anchors I bought have grooves in them and are meant for epoxy. Drill the hole (if using epoxy from the beginning, then it just needs to be deep enough rather than all of the way through), vacuum while drilling, blow out with compressed air, use a pipe cleaning brush to clean the inside very well, compressed air and vacuum again until there is no more dust/debris. If you're going to use epoxy ensure to get enough. I needed 2 tubes for 4 anchors. You also need to work quickly with the epoxy because it begins to harden almost immediately.

The Wej-it mechanical anchors that are supplied with the Maxjax essentially have wings that, once set, dig into the concrete. They are set about 1/8" below the level of the concrete. One always needs to check that they are still where they are supposed to be (1/8" below) and when tightening the post down pay attention to the feeling of the tightening. If it ever feels different than normal, remove the post and check it to ensure that the anchor hasn't come loose. If the anchor comes loose during tightening it will move up and tighten against the post plate, giving the impression that it has worked. When installing them one needs to try each anchor with the post (tighten to 80 ft/lbs), then remove the post and check the anchor to ensure it held.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
This is all based on my recent experience, YMMV. Call Dannmar and ask to speak to Gabe and he can give you all of the information you require. I ordered the correct epoxy anchors (female type) from the place that supports the MaxJax (Garage Equipment Supply or something like that). One wouldn't want the stud type that stick out of the concrete because most want the floor to be flush (not tripping over studs sticking out of the floor) and it would be difficult to place the post over the studs each time. The epoxy anchors I bought have grooves in them and are meant for epoxy. Drill the hole (if using epoxy from the beginning, then it just needs to be deep enough rather than all of the way through), vacuum while drilling, blow out with compressed air, use a pipe cleaning brush to clean the inside very well, compressed air and vacuum again until there is no more dust/debris. If you're going to use epoxy ensure to get enough. I needed 2 tubes for 4 anchors. You also need to work quickly with the epoxy because it begins to harden almost immediately.

The Wej-it mechanical anchors that are supplied with the Maxjax essentially have wings that, once set, dig into the concrete. They are set about 1/8" below the level of the concrete. One always needs to check that they are still where they are supposed to be (1/8" below) and when tightening the post down pay attention to the feeling of the tightening. If it ever feels different than normal, remove the post and check it to ensure that the anchor hasn't come loose. If the anchor comes loose during tightening it will move up and tighten against the post plate, giving the impression that it has worked. When installing them one needs to try each anchor with the post (tighten to 80 ft/lbs), then remove the post and check the anchor to ensure it held.
Very good THX!

Quick Reply: Anybody lift a Cayenne with a MaxJax?