Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner lets talk mods

Old 09-08-2013, 02:43 PM
linksamui
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New owner lets talk mods

Hi, I have my other post about my question about repairs and minor kink about the car but lets talk mods.

I seen many videos on YouTube Gemballa, TechArt such and such on 955 957 cayenne.

Please share not here to stir **it up but searching for input to share for someone that have done so for someone that want to do so.

Custom exhaust, custom intake Custom turbos perhaps. I would like to hear everyone takes and experiences on these mods. Which ECU tuning upgrade did you choose and why how was it after the tuning sessions?

The fellow forum member here aimed for 680hp and I envy that. That post inspire me to build up my car.

Anyone went crazy and do front mount intercooler to the cayenne? Since the intercoolers kit is amazingly expensive. I know right??I'm complaining but this is a Porsche. LOL. How about BOV's? Don't mean to sound like a kid but have you ever wonder what it would be like with a pair of BOV's. My wife mini cooper s have it LOL. it's a fun factor.

Last edited by linksamui; 09-08-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: re-editing and rewording
Old 09-08-2013, 04:14 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I take it you have a turbo?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:00 PM
linksamui
Advanced

Yep..
Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Deezenuts
Advanced

06 CTTS did k&n filters and 2nd cat bypass
I would say minor hp gains and just a little better exhaust sound
I would like to hear some comments on ecu tunes or diverter valves also
Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you have not said the purpose of the mods. how are you going to use the car,drag/street racer ? dyno/garage queen/poser ? what is your budget ?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

I'd do this:
- all the regular service thingies (coils, plugs, all oils - including trany and diffs, cardan shaft, coolant pipes... change everything)
- custom exhaust (including downpipes, preferably w/o cats)
- upgraded intake (at least IPD plenum + BMC air filters or EVOMS intake)
- BOVs (APR R1 w/ blue springs)
- if you have a turbo (not a turbo S), upgrade the ICs as well
- upgraded turbos (Scrollproducts )
- custom remap

or the short, but more expensive version: go to evoms.com and find a complete kit.

that shlould be good for solid 650 - 680 hp. if you push boost, maybe even more. optionally, you can also upgrade the fuel pump & injectors, but they are good till about 680hp.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Miamirice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Grassroots Motorsports just wrote up water/alcohol spraying into the inter cooler. They say its a great bang for the buck and simple install. Any of you guys doing this?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 PM
linksamui
Advanced

I don't plan to make a drag car out of the cayenne just a bad *** street car that more responsive, sound mean, and just cut loose every now and then. Doing 150+ on the highway and drive back home like you just went for groceries. That kind of deal. Guys I don't plan to go all out and make a super cayenne. I'm just an enthusiast. My money don't grow on trees I will try to make the upgrade gradually to my car.

lupo.sk i read your post. Amazing write up. Like that gemballa like plenum system you got on. I sent that pictures to my mechanic who will likely try to copy it. It just look really nice. lupo.sk were you around when they took out your turbos? I wonder if they simply remove your turbos out and sent them to be modified or they have to remove the engine to get to the turbos.

First step I had made for my car was order up a custom exhaust to be fab up and will post once I return to the shop who's handling it for me. 2 k&n filters. I'm considering FVD ecu tuning it seem to fit what i want to do with the car. My next up on the list are the two turbos and a nice of intercoolers.

I attached a photo from this guy on renntech i think who done it on his cayenne. Love the setup. Look amazing as heck.

Last edited by linksamui; 11-02-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/

Your one stop shop for all mods.
Please leave taste and common sense behind you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New owner lets talk mods