My first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 PM
67bmer
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My first Porsche

Hello:

I just got my first ever Porsche! A font engine V8, with 4wd and 4-doors. Its a 2006 955 Cayenne S Titanium Edition in Marine blue with gray/black interior, PASM, heated F/R seats, memory, comfort lighting, and sport wheels.

I made my first repair - replaced the l-cornering light.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) do Cayennes have dip sticks? I called the Porsche dealer Saturday, and the parts guy was not sure. I am hoping mine is missing and not suck down in there!!
2) do Cayennes with nav have fire extinguishers? Where is it?
3) does the rear wiper get its fluid from the main reservoir up front?
4) where do most people get parts from? I have been using bavarian autosport for years for my bimmers. is the an equivalent for Porsche?
5) are these wires (see pic) cd changer pre-wire that people use to get an iphone adapter thing? there is no Aux in for the audio system?

Last edited by 67bmer; 09-18-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:29 PM
67bmer
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

6) where can I get repair manuals? is there a bently (BMW) manual?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

1. Bad news is that is the dipstick handle and the dipstick must be down in the tube. Might be able to find some type of magnet to pull it out with, not sure if the stick is non-magnetic stainless or not?
2. No idea
3. Yep, gets it fluid from the main bottle up front on the right side.
4. A few good places, Sonnenporsche.com had some of the best prices on OEM parts but there are others that can get OEM supplier parts for less. Such as Mann or Mahle for the oil filters instead of a Mann or Mahle oil filter in a Porsche box, etc...
5. That hook up right there will give you power and the MOST (optical ring) connector for and Ipod or and Ipod/Bluetooth for phone also. I connected mine (Mobridge Bluetooth) to the (removed) CD changer in the back and the pain was stringing the phone microphone under the headliner all the way to the front and installed in the sunroof control panel. Most will wire them in behind the glovebox but you will still need to wire in a microphone too. Mine already had the Ipod plug (dealer installed/NavTV I think) in the glovebox so I just did the Mobridge Bluetooth for phone. The MOST (optical connector) is the two Brown wires, don't kink or bend them they are fiber optic, not copper. The cap in the plug lets the fiber optic signal continue as it works in a ring. The wires should have and arrow on them delineating the travel of the light signal.
This should be a start, others can chime in and probably know more than I do.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your purchase and welcome. We also carry usually anything your looking for, Click Here for more information. How many miles are on the beast ? Were you looking for a while ?

Quick Reply: My first Porsche