Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Durametric best diagnosis tool for Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:21 PM
quickster2
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes this can reset individually or all as I remember.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:02 PM
webridges
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddielasvegas
There are three service reminders (minor, major, can't remember) that can be reset with the PIWIS. Durametic cannot reset them individually.

Can this unit perform individual resets?

Thank you.

Eddie
My Durametric screen shows a couple of options for resetting service: oil, interim, and main. I've only done the oil so far.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:34 PM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks guys for your replies.

I need to revisit my Durametric as I do not recall separate resets, but I seem to recall (but I'm old) it was resetting them all even though it presents them as separate.

Two years ago the fine folks (cough, cough) at Durametric told me they were working on a PIWIS like resetting. I'm still waiting...

Eddie
Old 02-19-2017, 10:27 AM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

It looks like there is a standalone device form Launch that covers a wide number of manufacturers,
Amazon Amazon
Old 02-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by eddielasvegas
Thanks guys for your replies.

I need to revisit my Durametric as I do not recall separate resets, but I seem to recall (but I'm old) it was resetting them all even though it presents them as separate.

Two years ago the fine folks (cough, cough) at Durametric told me they were working on a PIWIS like resetting. I'm still waiting...

Eddie
I've used mine several times on my 2011 CS to reset the oil service reminder and the others weren't touched.

I recently completed the 80K service and also reset everything with no issues.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:09 PM
uphoto
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 132 Posts

The need of a PC brings on flashbacks and PTSD of when I used to use a PC.

Wish there was another option to durametric to where you didn't have to load windows on a mac or buy a PC laptop.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:47 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by quickster2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

iCarsoft POR II for Porsche NEW VERSION professional diagnostic tool scanner -

I just bought this two weeks ago as the bundled unit. It reset all codes, maintenance intervals, and seems to have much more functionality that I need to get up to speed on. I could not figure out how to update it from their website but will try again this weekend.
I ordered the iCarsoft POR i960 II on Friday, Amazon Prime. I just got up from resetting the oil change reminder and the unit worked perfectly.

I have a 2016 Cayenne Diesel and it worked straight out of the box. Plug in to OBD II port, select reset oil change indicator, switch ignition on, enter date=done.

In a way, it is better that one cannot simply reset the indicator/reminder so that it can't be mistakenly reset.

$160 shipped so after three oil changes I'll be ahead. Thanks for the recommendation/suggestion.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:51 PM
quickster2
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you figured out or know if it possible to change the oil interval to say ...5000 miles with the iCARSOFT POR II? My S defaults to a 10,000 mile interval I could not change it or don't know how.

Last edited by quickster2; 03-05-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:03 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

When I reset the interval, I was prompted to enter the date I had changed the oil, I had set it to yesterday, and when it was done, the Cayenne had put up the 5,000 miles/364 days till next oil change.

I wonder if it is the vehicle that is pre-programmed from the factory that dictates the interval.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:10 PM
alex.rhodes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got the iCarsoft POR II today and it can read a lot of information from my 957. How do you transfer the data to a computer? I would like to read it on a larger screen and be able to capture the data. According to the instructions you can transfer the data to a computer, but I hooked it up and nothing happened. The computer did not recognize the device and the TF card was in an unreadable format. Do we just have to take cellphone pictures of the iCarsoft screen to capture the data?

Alex
Old 05-02-2017, 09:41 AM
fischer1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's the

Originally Posted by grohgreg
My opinion is that - given the things it can NOT do on the current model Cayenne - I wouldn't waste any money on it. For about 1/4th the money, I bought an iOBD2 instead

How is this product working out for you? I'm a 2011 Cayenne S owner and now that it is hot outside, I'm getting an engine light and rough running. Near Ocean City, Maryland, I'm 100 miles from nearest Porsche dealer, but I am not afraid! LOL
Old 05-02-2017, 10:07 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Works great, accurate code generation. Clears and/or stores competently. But cannot do anything about the oil change alerts, they're technically error codes. And it's not Porsche specific. I've used it on vehicles of friends and family as well. I got an early WiFi model though, and if I had to do it again I'd get the Bluetooth version.

//greg//
Old 05-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by alex.rhodes
I just got the iCarsoft POR II today and it can read a lot of information from my 957. How do you transfer the data to a computer? I would like to read it on a larger screen and be able to capture the data. According to the instructions you can transfer the data to a computer, but I hooked it up and nothing happened. The computer did not recognize the device and the TF card was in an unreadable format. Do we just have to take cellphone pictures of the iCarsoft screen to capture the data?

Alex
Bumping this question hoping for an answer...
Old 05-02-2017, 04:24 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

I'd suggest reading: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ble-again.html
Old 10-22-2020, 02:28 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which obd scanner, personalize the best the Cayenne other than X431V

Quick Reply: Is Durametric best diagnosis tool for Cayenne?