Sponsored by:

Deafening buzz from left front dash speaker

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:19 PM
stevepsd
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deafening buzz from left front dash speaker

A couple times now (3 times in 7 months) on my wifes 2010 GTS, a deafening buzz will come from the left front dash speaker. Turning off the PCM or adjusting volumes does not change its sound - volume or otherwise. Sometimes it will come on for a few minutes, other times (like today) for a hour straight. And then to add insult to injury, we suddenly lost the subscription to XM and the XM radio ID went blank. A few restarts later and all is well.

Sounds like the head unit going out.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Thanks.

-steve
Old 05-14-2013, 09:09 AM
tomphot
Intermediate

We had the buzzing noise as well, it migrated from the left rear to the left front. It would happen after hitting a bump in the road and we would then need to look for some more bumps to turn it off.
The deal replaced the rear speaker, then told us we had some loose change laying around. They were never able to replicate it. We brought it in a third time and that same morning, they had another Cayenne in with the same problem.
They finally found a tech bulletin on the issue and replaced a switch in the system. By the time we picked it up the next day, had a third one in with the same problem.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a short

I like the coins idea

most likely not tho

Originally Posted by stevepsd
A couple times now (3 times in 7 months) on my wifes 2010 GTS, a deafening buzz will come from the left front dash speaker. Turning off the PCM or adjusting volumes does not change its sound - volume or otherwise. Sometimes it will come on for a few minutes, other times (like today) for a hour straight. And then to add insult to injury, we suddenly lost the subscription to XM and the XM radio ID went blank. A few restarts later and all is well.

Thanks.

-steve
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Timothy W Willis
2nd Gear

I'm having the same problem in my 2010 Cayenne. Should I take it to an audio shop (Best Buy etc.) or to my local Porsche repair shop? What was the problem called in your vehicle.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Timothy W Willis
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by stevepsd

Thanks.

-steve
I'm having the same problem in my 2010 Cayenne. Should I take it to an audio shop (Best Buy etc.) or to my local Porsche repair shop? What was the problem called in your vehicle.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:46 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

Electronic buzz sound from left side of dash - 2013 Cayenne Diesel
Does anyone know the name or number of the Tech Service bulletin for this?
We recently started getting an electronic buzz sound from left side of dash. There are no messages or warnings on the dash other than an oil change due in 400 miles. Could this be an aural heads up of an up coming service? Did not see anything in the book to indicate what the buzz sound is for.
Probably unrelated but the key fob / car memory is not working. I can not even get the red set light to come on.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:46 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by RS-America
Electronic buzz sound from left side of dash - 2013 Cayenne Diesel
Does anyone know the name or number of the Tech Service bulletin for this?
We recently started getting an electronic buzz sound from left side of dash. There are no messages or warnings on the dash other than an oil change due in 400 miles. Could this be an aural heads up of an up coming service? Did not see anything in the book to indicate what the buzz sound is for.
Probably unrelated but the key fob / car memory is not working. I can not even get the red set light to come on.

Quick Reply: Deafening buzz from left front dash speaker