Sponsored by:

Headlight adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 PM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Headlight adjustment question

Guys I know it's been discussed tons of time in so many forums but I had a few specific questions which have not been answered.
I have a 2006 base cayenne with xenon for low beam and a halogen for high beam.
Read the manual also.
Questions as follows:
1) the manual says bi-xenon and additional high beam- why is it called bi xenon? There is only one xenon and bi would mean 2? Also why is the high beam called additional high beam?
2) is it possible to adjust the xenon and high beam separately? The manual doesn't say it??
3) also it shows a screwdriver being inserted....and it's a funny looking screwdriver, it's like curved?? Where do I find it? It's not in my toolkit.
4) then it explains the procedure of parking 24.6 feet away but it doesn't tell whether we switch on dipped beam with the high beam or just the dipped beam.
5) also there is no mention of clockwise or counterclockwise movement of screwdriver does what? I mean does clockwise lower the beam or vice versa??

Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

1. If you have Xenon factory lights, they are Bi-Xenon lights, which means your low and high beams are Xenon-powered (there is a shutter in the headlight assembly that opens up to expose the full lighting of the Xenon bulb when using High Beams).
2. No, only a delaer or shop that owns a PIWIS Porsche tester can set the adjustments. All adjustments are actually performed by the combination control unit/ballast on each headlight. Adjustment is a painstaking process requiring a truly level flor.
3. The funny-looking screwdriver is the tool you use to remove the entire headlight assembly from the frnder of the car.
4. See #2 above.
5. See #2 above.

Don't ask me how I know.......

Quick Reply: Headlight adjustment question