Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy this GTS without CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:25 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 996 was CPO'd after I inquired if it was possible. Also, back then CPO vehicles must have all original paint.

The door accident is why it cannot be CPO'd. Hopefully, no structual damage has occured but remember if it isn't CPO'd at the dealer then it's an "As Is" vehicle and to me purchasing at a Porsche dealer is supposed to give me piece of mind but when they don't want to stand behind the vehicle it make me wonder. However, it is 6k cheaper and if a really good PPI is completed with no concerns, then go for it. It's just a car/truck it's not like you're picking out a heart surgeon.

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
It's possible that he's ill-informed, but more likely he's just lying. I've CPOd vehicles that had been on the lot for nearly a year. In some cases, the dealer that I worked for would even CPO a vehicle very shortly after it sold (though I don't remember specifically if that was actually allowed or not).
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
skinnywhite
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

once again i have to thank my RL brothers. after asking a few of the right questions, magically the answer has changed. it CAN be CPO'd. i'm not making a big deal of the original very earnest story that "it can only be CPO'd when it comes in, not later" innacuracy because I may want to buy it. just wanted to post the update if any others read this thread in future trying to figure out CPO commentary as i did

Quick Reply: Would you buy this GTS without CPO?