Sponsored by:

Cayenne Sputtering then stalling

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 PM
REGURU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Sputtering then stalling

Hopefully you guys can help me with this. So on Friday my 04 CS started sputtering and died after starting it and driving about 1 block. I started it again and it was running very rough, I then turned it off and waited about a minuet or so and restarted and all was well. It ran fine all day. I got up Saturday morning and it started and ran fine until Saturday afternoon. I made a 3 point turn and then it started again only this time I could only drive about 50 feet before it died. I tried it a couple of more times and even let it rest, but it kept dying after about 50 feet or so. It idles fine, but once i put it in gear and give it sime gas it starts sputtering and dies. I called AAA and thy towed it to my indy shop. They just called and said they think it is the fuel pumps, but I'm not sure since it idles fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if this could be bad coil packs causing this? check the coil packs for cracks/damage
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

When I started reading it sounded to me like a fuel pump. There are several threads on the issue. I would unplug a fuel pump fuse (1 at a time) and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Sputtering then stalling