Sponsored by:

Soon to be new Pig owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Soon to be new Pig owner

This weekend I put the deposit down on my new Diesel. It has an early Oct build slot so hopefully I shouldn't see it any later than mid-Nov.

We've been eyeing the Cayenne since they first came out, but I never wanted to spend that kind of money on a car again and there was never a need. Now with our first kid and 3 50lb dogs to move around, we needed more space and the choice of good gas milage + decent interior space options is pretty limited. I could have gotten basically the same options (plus the 4 zone climate control that Porsche apparently thinks we don't need/want here???) on a X5 for about $15k less, but while we've been happy with her 07 328 we've been happier for longer with her 01 996 C4. On the back of overall great reliability of the 911 and the stellar support we've seen from our dealer and Porsche NA on the few issues we have had, the Cayenne was the only real option once I could stomach the price tag (OK, I still can't, but I'm trying not to think about it).

I wanted to do the Euro Delivery, but I already had to trim it down pretty far to stay in my (inflated just for it) budget and my dealer wouldn't cut nearly as much off.

Now that we have 2 P-Cars maybe we should really seriously look for a house with a garage...
Old 08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats
Old 08-22-2012, 03:17 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!
Too bad about the Euro delivery option

Enjoy her when she gets there!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
MadCayenne
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the Diesel. Hope it arrives sooner than later. It will be nice to hear about driving experience.

Quick Reply: Soon to be new Pig owner