Sponsored by:

Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 12:42 AM
dawktah
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Commercials

I just saw the commercial for the Lexus RX 330. Pretty obvious its an attack on the Cayenne. I wonder when Toyota decided to add the Cayenne's features to the RX 330. They have been in this business longer so they probably changed the RX 330 last minute to compete. Unfortunately, for Porsche they have some of the worse P.R. I guess when you only produce 25,000 vehicles a year, why advertise?

I finally saw the Cayenne commercial with the taxi. Pretty funny. Still anxiously waiting.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Huh?
I really doubt that Lexus has any thought for the Cayenne.
Different price point, different segment, different vehicle.
I would say that the Lexus shoots at the X5, so there's some overlap of a sort there, but it's a mistake to draw a connection based on a shared competitor.
Obviously both Infiniti and Lexus are BMW wannabes.
I don't think either of them compete with Porsche. If a customer is in the rare position of having the resources and requirements to consider the two, Lexus and Infiniti aren't even setting up their sales force to compete. I looked at the FX45 while waiting for the Cayenne and in each case, the dealership was ready to do battle with the X5 and RX, but didn't have a good clue on the Cayenne or Touareg. Perhaps that's a product of launch availability etc., but I didn't get the impression these guy expected further sales training to prepare them for competing with Porsche costing nearly twice as much at least, plus having off-road capabilities.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:23 PM
dawktah
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New RX 330 has speed lowering suspension, lights that illuminate the corner as you turn like the Cayenne. It was all in the delivery during commercial.

Quick Reply: Commercials