I'm starting to have mixed feelings

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 09:36 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post I'm starting to have mixed feelings

I just received Porsche's latest "The heart of Cayenne" brochure, and must admit that there are some pretty impressive stats associated with the "car", particularly the Turbo:

- 18 in front brakes with 6-piston monobloc aluminum calipers!

- 17 in rear brakes with 4-piston monobloc aluminum calipers

- Scoops for brake cooling

- 460 ft lb of torque, across a wide range (2250 - 4750 rpm)

- 6-speed Tiptronic that promises to suppress unwanted midcorner upshifts

- AWD with 38% front / 62% rear bias

- PSM

Once I get a dedicated track car, I'll need a rig to pull it, and the Cayenne might be an option that could do this while serving as the family hauler of sorts for other duties.

Even though it still looks pretty ugly in the pics, I've started to notice a glimmer of interest in myself. I guess Porsche's media blitz is having its intended effect.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Hi Anir

when you're through with the brochure, send it to Ray Calvo.

Mike, in Chi
Old 06-20-2002, 12:04 AM
LastV8
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Anir that's exactly what Porsche had in mind for the Cayenne I think. Owners like yourself who already have the Twin Turbo or the Carrera.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:15 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Yep,
That's pretty much what the sales manager at the Porsche Zentrum at the factory told me.
He said that Cayenne is aimed at the Porsche customer over 30 years old who have a family and other interests. He said that it is common for a Porsche owner who when they start a family they may have to sell their current Porsche and buy an X5 or an ML because of the family obligations.
He also said that this way with the Cayenne now the Porsche owner will not need to move to another brand in his words "the porsche owner can have a Cayenne for the first 16 years after his child is born or while he has a family and then he/she can move back to a 911 when the kids are out..." . He described the Porsche ownership as "infestation" I guess with his GermanEnglish he was describing to me how a Porsche owner gets the bug (very true) so it was very logical for Porsche to try and cover all the bases...
I saw his logic behind this and clearly they are trying to keep us with the brand.
He "promised" me that driving the Cayenne will be a Porsche experience not an SUV and the Cayenne will be a sports SUV designed for current Porsche owners.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I just really hope the interior is not as ugly as the pic posted....

Quick Reply: I'm starting to have mixed feelings