Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forget Factoid Freddie, Wistful Wendelin has a lot to say these days...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 06:37 PM
mpm '95 C4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Forget Factoid Freddie, Wistful Wendelin has a lot to say these days...

And here Herr chairman looked like he'd be a tougher mark...

Last weeks whole "we won't sign zee accounting statements" is fine - even understandable. But, his latest quotes (and staged picture of the P-fish with legendary Porsche endurance cars) in AutoWeek gets me going...

With regard to LeMans (and therefore endurance racing)... [quote]"It's not really competitive anymore - it's really just VW with several different brands and some smaller brands"<hr></blockquote> Meanwhile Porsche might be thinking of dumping huge sums into F1 engines? Like F1 hasn't been just a little dominated by Ferrari over the past three years

Hey don't get me wrong - racing is racing. Hell I'm not even clicking past NASCAR these days, but the hypocrisy of his statement is stifling. Porsche has sold out it's racing program to build the ugly P-fish.

If VW is dominating endurance racing - then go after VW! If the P-fish is good enough to pose infront of the ledgends of Stuttgart, why is it that only VW will race theirs? Oh, right guess they'll end up dominating that venue too - so why bother. This only reenforces the position that the P-fish is looking like the ultimate poser Porsche.

They are so smug that they did the right thing and that it'll sell. Now they look like they are on the "we've always been about racing" kick...um, but not elite endurance racing - that's just a bunch of VWs...please, so much for vaunted German logic.

To me Porsche means endurance racing and overall wins - anything else is...well just anything else.

Have a great and safe Labor Day weekend...
Old 08-31-2002, 11:33 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Man, you know how I feel about this...

Quick Reply: Forget Factoid Freddie, Wistful Wendelin has a lot to say these days...