This is depressing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 01:51 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post This is depressing!

I am actively looking for a TT, and it's nearly impossible to find one with the required options.

It's even impossible to order it the way you want as more and more options are becoming unavailable daily.

Porsche has made finding one of these a very complex task, I made 20 phone calls today and have soft leads on two cars, but will have to compromise on color/options.

I am about to throw in the towel and take the first car with an engine..it's that bad.

I want Titanium, Silver or Jarama Biege, 20" wheels (aftermarket OK), tow package, Porsche entry and drive , electronic comfort package, tire pressure monitoring system and CD. My friend wants an S, titanium with navigation, bi-xenon and CD.

The dealers are as confused as the buyers.

If you trip over anything like this let me know ASAP.

I'm in a rental commuter.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:45 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
try <a href="http://www.porschedealer.com" target="_blank">www.porschedealer.com</a> and search inventories
porsche actively discourages dealers selling cars outside their area
Not all dealers use this system and you'll have to google to pick up their actual web site eg. porsche.niello.com
crystal silver is very nice
don't compromise
Old 06-26-2003, 09:17 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I forgot to mention, before I made all those phone calls I checked all the Porsche websites in California.

One of the problems with the websites is that a lot of the cars shown as inventory have been pre-sold. Or another the delivery date is as far away as September/October.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:52 PM
ngfan
Instructor

Now you know how European customers feel...current waiting time for a TT is at least a year over here (the same for the Touareg V10).
Old 06-26-2003, 05:58 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts
Colm,

CarreraGT is right about crystal silver... i cant believe all the TT's in autoweek are presold. doesnt scottsdale have any?

and, i remind you, the "rental commuter" is self induced pain. Josh is sending you your t-shirt:

"real men commute in their gt2's."

except for Josh, of course:

"real gt2 owners take the bus to work"
Old 06-28-2003, 06:04 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts
Hey Colm,

Did you check out Claridges? It's not too far up the 680 or 880 (off of AutoMall). I was there today picking my car up and was checking out a black TT and a silver one as well. Look like both had quite a few options...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Colm:
<strong>I am actively looking for a TT, and it's nearly impossible to find one with the required options.

It's even impossible to order it the way you want as more and more options are becoming unavailable daily.

Porsche has made finding one of these a very complex task, I made 20 phone calls today and have soft leads on two cars, but will have to compromise on color/options.

I am about to throw in the towel and take the first car with an engine..it's that bad.

I want Titanium, Silver or Jarama Biege, 20" wheels (aftermarket OK), tow package, Porsche entry and drive , electronic comfort package, tire pressure monitoring system and CD. My friend wants an S, titanium with navigation, bi-xenon and CD.

The dealers are as confused as the buyers.

If you trip over anything like this let me know ASAP.

I'm in a rental commuter.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 06-28-2003, 10:58 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's interesting, when I called on Wednesday evening there were none available.

Thanks, I'll check them again today.

Colm
Old 06-28-2003, 02:28 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Colm:
<strong>That's interesting, when I called on Wednesday evening there were none available.

Thanks, I'll check them again today.

Colm</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Cool go for it man. I know I saw a black and silver one so.... The silver one looked really nice.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:03 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

The silver one was a used one with 4K miles on it! The search continues...
Old 06-28-2003, 09:49 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

<strong>The silver one was a used one with 4K miles on it! The search continues...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Ah sorry I didn't realize that It really does look cool in person.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Gonzo
Banned

you wanna see something truly depressing?

click here:
<a href="http://beverly-hills.porschedealer.com/new_cars/inventory/search.php?model=9PA" target="_blank">http://beverly-hills.porschedealer.com/new_cars/inventory/search.php?model=9PA</a>

Scroll all the way down (way down)- new Turbos are at the bottom...
Old 07-01-2003, 06:07 PM
01'996C-24ME
Instructor

My local dealer Len Stoler Porsche 410-356-7000?? has a beautiful "silverish" TT with a lot of options but no air ride suspension. Does have tire monitoring. They have about 10 S's and 1 turbo so they are probably willing to deal...
Old 07-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought Turbos came with Air as standard??
Old 07-01-2003, 06:51 PM
EuroCarNut
Instructor

If it's the Titanium TT that's on their website, then it does indeed have air suspension. Actually, if it's a Turbo, then it has the air suspension because that is standard equipment on the TTs
Old 07-01-2003, 10:44 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have been told that the LA dealers are marking the TTs up at least $5k over sticker, is this true?

Quick Reply: This is depressing!