Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010-77/)
-   -   This is depressing! (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/69783-this-is-depressing.html)

PogueMoHone 06-26-2003 01:51 AM

This is depressing!

I am actively looking for a TT, and it's nearly impossible to find one with the required options.

It's even impossible to order it the way you want as more and more options are becoming unavailable daily.

Porsche has made finding one of these a very complex task, I made 20 phone calls today and have soft leads on two cars, but will have to compromise on color/options.

I am about to throw in the towel and take the first car with an engine..it's that bad.

I want Titanium, Silver or Jarama Biege, 20" wheels (aftermarket OK), tow package, Porsche entry and drive , electronic comfort package, tire pressure monitoring system and CD. My friend wants an S, titanium with navigation, bi-xenon and CD.

The dealers are as confused as the buyers.

If you trip over anything like this let me know ASAP.

I'm in a rental commuter.

Carrera GT 06-26-2003 02:45 AM

try <a href="http://www.porschedealer.com" target="_blank">www.porschedealer.com</a> and search inventories
porsche actively discourages dealers selling cars outside their area
Not all dealers use this system and you'll have to google to pick up their actual web site eg. porsche.niello.com
crystal silver is very nice
don't compromise

PogueMoHone 06-26-2003 09:17 AM

I forgot to mention, before I made all those phone calls I checked all the Porsche websites in California.

One of the problems with the websites is that a lot of the cars shown as inventory have been pre-sold. Or another the delivery date is as far away as September/October.

ngfan 06-26-2003 12:52 PM

Now you know how European customers feel...current waiting time for a TT is at least a year over here (the same for the Touareg V10).

Sun Ra 06-26-2003 05:58 PM

Colm,

CarreraGT is right about crystal silver... i cant believe all the TT's in autoweek are presold. doesnt scottsdale have any?

and, i remind you, the "rental commuter" is self induced pain. Josh is sending you your t-shirt:

"real men commute in their gt2's."

except for Josh, of course:

"real gt2 owners take the bus to work"

sharkster 06-28-2003 06:04 AM

Hey Colm,

Did you check out Claridges? It's not too far up the 680 or 880 (off of AutoMall). I was there today picking my car up and was checking out a black TT and a silver one as well. Look like both had quite a few options...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Colm:
<strong>I am actively looking for a TT, and it's nearly impossible to find one with the required options.

It's even impossible to order it the way you want as more and more options are becoming unavailable daily.

Porsche has made finding one of these a very complex task, I made 20 phone calls today and have soft leads on two cars, but will have to compromise on color/options.

I am about to throw in the towel and take the first car with an engine..it's that bad.

I want Titanium, Silver or Jarama Biege, 20" wheels (aftermarket OK), tow package, Porsche entry and drive , electronic comfort package, tire pressure monitoring system and CD. My friend wants an S, titanium with navigation, bi-xenon and CD.

The dealers are as confused as the buyers.

If you trip over anything like this let me know ASAP.

I'm in a rental commuter.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">

PogueMoHone 06-28-2003 10:58 AM

That's interesting, when I called on Wednesday evening there were none available.

Thanks, I'll check them again today.

Colm

sharkster 06-28-2003 02:28 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Colm:
<strong>That's interesting, when I called on Wednesday evening there were none available.

Thanks, I'll check them again today.

Colm</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Cool go for it man. I know I saw a black and silver one so.... The silver one looked really nice.

PogueMoHone 06-28-2003 05:03 PM

The silver one was a used one with 4K miles on it! The search continues...

sharkster 06-28-2003 09:49 PM

<strong>The silver one was a used one with 4K miles on it! The search continues...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Ah sorry I didn't realize that:( It really does look cool in person.

Gonzo 07-01-2003 04:23 PM

you wanna see something truly depressing?

click here:
<a href="http://beverly-hills.porschedealer.com/new_cars/inventory/search.php?model=9PA" target="_blank">http://beverly-hills.porschedealer.com/new_cars/inventory/search.php?model=9PA</a>

Scroll all the way down (way down)- new Turbos are at the bottom...

01'996C-24ME 07-01-2003 06:07 PM

My local dealer Len Stoler Porsche 410-356-7000?? has a beautiful "silverish" TT with a lot of options but no air ride suspension. Does have tire monitoring. They have about 10 S's and 1 turbo so they are probably willing to deal...

Christian S. 07-01-2003 06:20 PM

I thought Turbos came with Air as standard??

EuroCarNut 07-01-2003 06:51 PM

If it's the Titanium TT that's on their website, then it does indeed have air suspension. Actually, if it's a Turbo, then it has the air suspension because that is standard equipment on the TTs

PogueMoHone 07-01-2003 10:44 PM

I have been told that the LA dealers are marking the TTs up at least $5k over sticker, is this true?