Sponsored by:

2012 Cayenne V6 Pricing/Avail.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
krazy3281
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cayenne V6 Pricing/Avail.

Hey Guys,

So i started a search for a V6 Cayenne and man is it difficult! In Chicago they are talking to me about october production with NOV/DEC delivery! I found a few dealers slightly out of state willing to sell but at strict MSRP and there cars are all about 3-4 weeks out at least.

I was wondering did anyone have any luck finding one? Or does anyone have any one have any recommendations on finding one? Such as dealers near them or dealers that they have worked with ? I'm willing to travel...I just want the right car!

As far as pricing i've been getting 2-3% off MSRP quotes is this reasonable?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 197 Posts

2-3% off msrp sounds very reasonable. I'm reading some markets don't provide any discounts, esp on the V6 since production cannot keep up with demand. It seems most on these boards are custom ordering, whether its a V6, CS, or CTT, since there isn't much inventory sitting on the lots these days.

Good luck in your search! I have a 2011 V6, it was well worth the 4 month wait.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:56 AM
isaad
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DFW Area is the same....
Old 08-24-2011, 02:18 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by krazy3281
Hey Guys,

So i started a search for a V6 Cayenne and man is it difficult! In Chicago they are talking to me about october production with NOV/DEC delivery! I found a few dealers slightly out of state willing to sell but at strict MSRP and there cars are all about 3-4 weeks out at least.

I was wondering did anyone have any luck finding one? Or does anyone have any one have any recommendations on finding one? Such as dealers near them or dealers that they have worked with ? I'm willing to travel...I just want the right car!

Thanks!
remember the build dates and so forth are all guesses.. they will tell you what u want to hear, my 11' took 5 months and my 12' i ordered several months ago has been bumped twice now... undered and paid for on june 6th and sept 26th build date. (november delivery)

2-3% is reasonable, you wont get much more.. i would focus on what build dates they have open versus the discount.. better to have an october build than have a november build and save 1% more.. also expect 1-2month bump from whatever they tell you.. mine got bumped 32 days because of the black trim option.

also anything in stock wont be for sale unless its overpriced... the normal ones in stock are for people to drive and order new ones.. the overpriced ones are sitting cause someone bailed when it came in..

i have my 11' for sale but it should be sold, it would have been sold 2 months ago but my dealer wishes to stay on the good side of PCNA and i cant give anyone the keys until sept 15th (6 months after delivery)

either way the v6 is a superb car, if i were you i would just order one and call it a day... MSRP or not you'll get your money back.. i should be getting at least 6-7k more than i even paid for mine and its 6 months old and 5000 miles.. i have had dealers wanting to pay over 10k more than i paid but want delivery now to export but i wont go against my dealers wishes... PCNA is being really strict with dealers and what their clients do with the cars.

again, buy based on their allocations and build dates.. and then expect 60 days past whatever build date they have as actual build date... and factor another 30 days from build to delivery.. that should put you at 5-6 months out for a v6... v8's are easy to find in stock and hybrid's are a dime a dozen right now.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 AM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

agree with rijowysock-

saving $600-$1200 on a car that is not exactly to your liking and imho is not worth it- just order the car you want and just sit back and wait if you're patient. i placed my deposit down in june for a v6 and last i heard i am still in pre-production. my problem is that the longer i wait, the more options i keep adding to my order.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Tex94
Instructor

^ +1 I'm up at least $5k from my original order...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:51 PM
JBCayenne
Track Day

I just ordered a 2012 V6 from a Chicago dealer. Build completion date 10/17 and delivery mid November (hopefully). I got just about 2% off invoice. They are not moving much off MSRP.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
remember the build dates and so forth are all guesses.. they will tell you what u want to hear, my 11' took 5 months and my 12' i ordered several months ago has been bumped twice now... undered and paid for on june 6th and sept 26th build date. (november delivery)

2-3% is reasonable, you wont get much more.. i would focus on what build dates they have open versus the discount.. better to have an october build than have a november build and save 1% more.. also expect 1-2month bump from whatever they tell you.. mine got bumped 32 days because of the black trim option.

also anything in stock wont be for sale unless its overpriced... the normal ones in stock are for people to drive and order new ones.. the overpriced ones are sitting cause someone bailed when it came in..

i have my 11' for sale but it should be sold, it would have been sold 2 months ago but my dealer wishes to stay on the good side of PCNA and i cant give anyone the keys until sept 15th (6 months after delivery)

either way the v6 is a superb car, if i were you i would just order one and call it a day... MSRP or not you'll get your money back.. i should be getting at least 6-7k more than i even paid for mine and its 6 months old and 5000 miles.. i have had dealers wanting to pay over 10k more than i paid but want delivery now to export but i wont go against my dealers wishes... PCNA is being really strict with dealers and what their clients do with the cars.

again, buy based on their allocations and build dates.. and then expect 60 days past whatever build date they have as actual build date... and factor another 30 days from build to delivery.. that should put you at 5-6 months out for a v6... v8's are easy to find in stock and hybrid's are a dime a dozen right now.
We have the same build date (or at least that is the date that was given to me). My dealer initially said that it was a November build date when I ordered in August, but then I received my pro-forma invoice which said that my Turbo was going to be built in September. I hope this is the case!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Originally Posted by krazy3281
Hey Guys,

Thanks!
I was told that the order to delivery process takes about 90 days. November or December seems reasonable for a late August order (which doesn't really get accepted for another week or so after ordering, so almost September).
Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ColoradoCayenne
I was told that the order to delivery process takes about 90 days. November or December seems reasonable for a late August order (which doesn't really get accepted for another week or so after ordering, so almost September).
i charted most of the 2011 purchases on this board and the quickest was 99 days.. most were 120++ some were 150.

normal cars are one thing but with cayenne's bringing much more profits elsewhere its understandable why we wait longer.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:44 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Just ordered a V6 with an early Nov Build. Could only get $500 off MSRP. These are in high demand around here (SF Bay Area), particularly the V6's. One dealer only had a Hybrid in stock, and showed me the build sheets of a couple of S's on order - optioned with everything (mid to high 80's). This one is for my wife, and it was between an X3 with the large engine for about $50K, and this one, nicely equipped for about $60.5K. For the extra $10K, it's worth it. While at the dealer, I drove an Panamera -- a V6 one that was very impressive. I'm still driving my 2004 Cayenne Turbo.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by philg3
Just ordered a V6 with an early Nov Build. Could only get $500 off MSRP. These are in high demand around here (SF Bay Area), particularly the V6's. One dealer only had a Hybrid in stock, and showed me the build sheets of a couple of S's on order - optioned with everything (mid to high 80's). This one is for my wife, and it was between an X3 with the large engine for about $50K, and this one, nicely equipped for about $60.5K. For the extra $10K, it's worth it. While at the dealer, I drove an Panamera -- a V6 one that was very impressive. I'm still driving my 2004 Cayenne Turbo.
v6 in panny is amazing, i like it better than the cayenne v6... power band feels totally different.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 AM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i charted most of the 2011 purchases on this board and the quickest was 99 days.. most were 120++ some were 150.

normal cars are one thing but with cayenne's bringing much more profits elsewhere its understandable why we wait longer.
I was told I had a November build date when I first placed my order, but was told that they could probably get an October build. I was shocked when I had a late September build. I don't know if the dealer had a Turbo slot that they replaced with my order or what, but I was thrilled. We'll see if it gets moved.

All along, I have been estimating 120 days. If my Cayenne is built on its scheduled date, it will likely arrive closer to 100 days from my order date. I am willing to be patient, but it sure is hard!

I also wonder with the sky-high demand for V6's if they are harder to get a closer build date, rather than a turbo? Just a thought.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 AM
krazy3281
5th Gear

Thanks for all the help guys! I listened to you guys and decided to order one, I'm currently in the process of ordering it...my slot is slated to complete production on October 24th .....I don't know why my dealer gave me a completed date rather than an anticipated production date.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ColoradoCayenne
I was told I had a November build date when I first placed my order, but was told that they could probably get an October build. I was shocked when I had a late September build. I don't know if the dealer had a Turbo slot that they replaced with my order or what, but I was thrilled. We'll see if it gets moved.

All along, I have been estimating 120 days. If my Cayenne is built on its scheduled date, it will likely arrive closer to 100 days from my order date. I am willing to be patient, but it sure is hard!

I also wonder with the sky-high demand for V6's if they are harder to get a closer build date, rather than a turbo? Just a thought.
low supply=more demand,

always gonna have higher demand for the cheaper model, people side step from bmw/infiniti/etc to the v6... the turbo is a leap.

also production is going to asia and slim pickings in USA so high demand but most of the demand is stuff being exported to china.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne V6 Pricing/Avail.