New Cayenne Buyer - 04, 05 or 06

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cordsig79

I am wanting to clarify, you can retrofit PCM? Meaning I could pull out my CDR-23 and install a PCM with Nav etc? that refurb price point makes me reconsider aftermarket......
Our 2005 P!G came without PCM/SAT originally and while we paid full price for the install of both few months later, last year when it stopped working it got replaced with a refurb. So, yes, you can put it in. It's plug and play.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM
libtech75
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
Are the wheels white, or is that a trick of the camera?
Just the sun coming directly at the camera makes it appear that way.

Thanks, drove the car back home from Chicago. Beautiful ride, had a smile coming back the whole way and stares from people through Indiana and Ohio. Minute I got into NJ, the ride started getting rough due to the 20" wheels. I knew it would be that way, so it's just something I will have to get used to. I would have actually preferred the 19" but not going to argue about the beautiful ones that came with the vehicle.

Everything felt tight, no creaks, rattles of any kind. Just felt like a truly solid car and engine feels new. I was relieved that PO appears to have really taken care of the car.

PCM is a huge improvement over the Nav in the Touareg. I thought it was quite intuitive and easy to navigate through the controls but maybe that's because the system in the VW was so horrible.

Looks like service was just done on the vehicle at 50K a month ago. Do people really go the factory recommended 20K intervals between oil changes? I'm sure it's been argued to death if other vehicle forums are any indication, but that seems so long.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 477 Posts

Glad you had a nice ride. I'm actually thinking that white wheels would look nice with the blue.

I looked at 20" and 19" wheels before I finally settled on 18s. I went with 18s because I can get 60-series tires (stock is 55-series), which ought to soften the bumps a little. I'll be in Jersey over the weekend visiting family; but I can't believe that the potholes will be any worse than they are here in NEPA!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Courtney
1st Gear

>>>but I can't believe that the potholes will be any worse than they are here in NEPA!

NYC requires some navigating at this point . . .it'll take them until about the next snowfall to get all the potholes repaired.

Lessons learned - the NYPD Highway Patrol takes a dim view of sticking a lens out the window that looks like a bazooka . . . hey, stuff happens.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Courtney
Lessons learned - the NYPD Highway Patrol takes a dim view of sticking a lens out the window that looks like a bazooka . . . hey, stuff happens.
Having spent some time driving around in Baghdad, I can understand that...
Old 03-23-2011, 01:04 AM
libtech75
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
Glad you had a nice ride. I'm actually thinking that white wheels would look nice with the blue.

I looked at 20" and 19" wheels before I finally settled on 18s. I went with 18s because I can get 60-series tires (stock is 55-series), which ought to soften the bumps a little. I'll be in Jersey over the weekend visiting family; but I can't believe that the potholes will be any worse than they are here in NEPA!
Thanks Shawn. Actually the car is black! lol

The 20" aren't as bad I thought. The ride is definitely a bit more jarring but not uncomfortably so, even over the horrendous potholes on the FDR...

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Buyer - 04, 05 or 06