Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear side air bags not selected for order in Nov '10, now standard?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Rear side air bags not selected for order in Nov '10, now standard?

Guys,
When I placed my order in Nov 2010 and put a deposit down, I did not select rear side air bags for my CS. I know they became standard equipment in 2011 which is when mine was built. The MSRP has been increased for 2011 to reflect this.

How should this be handled? Should the dealer cover this? Should I? I believe it was originally a $700 option, but I am not certain.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
bkcarrera
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a December build and did order the side airbags = $ 370 option.
Maybe you could work with your dealer and just pay the $ 370?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Just so I understand, Scott, is your concern that you didn't order air bags and don't feel that you should have to pay the price increase that reflects adding them as standard? First, you might be interested in this from PCNA as your actual build date is the critical issue:

"Rear Side Airbags Standard for all Cayenne Models
All MY 2011 Cayenne models for the U.S. market with a production date starting from mid-January will have rear side airbags (Code 4X4) as standard equipment.
To implement this mid-model year change, all current existing orders (stock & customer) in the system with production date from mid-January 2011, will have this option added byPCNA.
Please note that although the Rear side airbag appears with a price in VMS and PVA today, the orders with build date from mid-January will not be charged for this option at the time of invoicing"

Two additional things that might be of interest. The air bags were a $370 option so not all of the $700 increase is due to adding them. Also, my salesman told me that I would not have to pay the $700 in any event, even though I ordered the air bags, because my order was placed before the increase. What I'm not sure about is whether I will actually have my price reduced by $370 since an option I ordered is now standard equipment.

Hope this is helpful and doesn't just add to the confusion.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Just so I understand, Scott, is your concern that you didn't order air bags and don't feel that you should have to pay the price increase that reflects adding them as standard? First, you might be interested in this from PCNA as your actual build date is the critical issue:

All MY 2011 Cayenne models for the U.S. market with a production date starting from mid-January will have rear side airbags (Code 4X4) as standard equipment.
To implement this mid-model year change, all current existing orders (stock & customer) in the system with production date from mid-January 2011, will have this option added byPCNA.
Please note that although the Rear side airbag appears with a price in VMS and PVA today, the orders with build date from mid-January will not be charged for this option at the time of invoicing"

Two additional things that might be of interest. The air bags were a $370 option so not all of the $700 increase is due to adding them. Also, my salesman told me that I would not have to pay the $700 in any event, even though I ordered the air bags, because my order was placed before the increase. What I'm not sure about is whether I will actually have my price reduced by $370 since an option I ordered is now standard equipment.

Mike, yes this is my situation. Thanks that is helpful. I did not order them. My build date was end of January. So it sounds like I should have the same MSRP as when I placed my order. I will forward the notice from PCNA to my salesman if that's ok. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

As part of dealer goodwill you should (although should does not mean would) be charged the original price. Plus you get additional $370.00 worth of options. Now Scott that IS a sweet deal. Whether that would help your Scud shopping or not is a different story altogether
Old 02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
I will forward the notice from PCNA to my salesman if that's ok. Thanks!
Absolutely. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Guys,
When I placed my order in Nov 2010 and put a deposit down, I did not select rear side air bags for my CS. I know they became standard equipment in 2011 which is when mine was built. The MSRP has been increased for 2011 to reflect this.

How should this be handled? Should the dealer cover this? Should I? I believe it was originally a $700 option, but I am not certain.
they bumped dec builds to after jan 15th i was told to include the side airbags..

i'll tell you one thing, i am NOT paying for them.. (please note, they are $370 option BUT the MSRP of a cayenne has gone up more than $370... mine went up 1k..)

i'm not bringing my checkbook to porsche, i paid in full 4 months ago so they can consider the interest their payment.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA

my original build date was mid dec, bumped to late dec and then they took all late dec builds and bumped them to after jan 15th to include the rear airbags, so i got bumped twice to have to get $370 airbags..

we'll see what happens but i'm sure as hell not bringing any money with me.... the principal of the dealer is a friend of a friend so hopefully that helps..... such a headache.

Last edited by rijowysock; 02-11-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear side air bags not selected for order in Nov '10, now standard?