Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For comments

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ng-sensor.html
Old 02-17-2015, 02:23 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

In my case, I do see the beams trying to get leveled without warning message in the cluster.
Inside my garage, while driving or at stop lights it goes up and down once in a while and sometimes very often.

I'm stuck
Old 02-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

Bumpity...bumpity...bump
Old 02-21-2015, 07:55 AM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried replacing the bulbs first? There are two sensors, one in front and one in rear located on the suspension, I would make sure that there are not any connection problems or bad bulbs before replacing the sesnors.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:01 AM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you modified the back of harness holder that holds the white portion of the headlight harness (the part that slides into the headlight). When I had a dipped beam problem the first time, it was the common probably of the harness not getting pushed into the headlight assembly far enough because that mount in the back would just flex towards the rear of the car. There is a writeup on cutting out part of it with a knife so that you can plug the harness right into the headlight, and then slide it back into the car. That fixed my dipped beams at first.

Second time was from a chaffed wire in that same harness. All the plastic around the wires was getting brittle and some had bare wires exposed. I replaced both harnesses (40 bucks each from ECS), and that fixed my issues.

Most of the dipped beam problems I see are from a connection at the headlight. I haven't seen too often where a suspension sensor has failed, but it could happen.

I'd start buy modifying the harness holder. Look up the big thread on fixing dipped beams on here. It took me 5 minutes with an exacto knife to cutaway the plastic to allow the harness to slide forward.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:50 PM
edos905
7th Gear

Default Headlight adjusters

Do the 955 CTT headlights have plastic adjusters that can be replaced?? I think i may have broken the passenger side adjuster. I tried to move the beam up but the adjuster part just screws without moving the beam. Can you buy these plastic adjusters online? I looked but have had no luck. I had this same problem with a BMW i had. Also, when i turn on the headlights, both beams wave up and down as normal, but then the right light slowly goes down, which does not illuminate the road.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:35 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by edos905
Do the 955 CTT headlights have plastic adjusters that can be replaced?? I think i may have broken the passenger side adjuster. I tried to move the beam up but the adjuster part just screws without moving the beam. Can you buy these plastic adjusters online? I looked but have had no luck. I had this same problem with a BMW i had. Also, when i turn on the headlights, both beams wave up and down as normal, but then the right light slowly goes down, which does not illuminate the road.
Complete assembly only from what I see, you could try the OEM, Valeo, but I doubt they would sell parts.

Broken one on ebay is probably your best bet.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:38 AM
jasonroger
1st Gear

Porsche is my first love and i never take a chance to repair it with my own hands. I know its each and every configuration and internal settings but always go for expert first for minimum issues.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
SpawnyWhippet
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

You realise these forums are primarily for those of us who are fixing or troubleshooting the cars ourselves?

Mine has started doing this today, will look at the sensors and connections at the weekend.

Originally Posted by jasonroger
Porsche is my first love and i never take a chance to repair it with my own hands. I know its each and every configuration and internal settings but always go for expert first for minimum issues.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne Headlight issue