Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight rubber gasket disintegrates

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 10:07 PM
pcst
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about using black silicone which RWB kit uses? I was watching the youtube clips and Nakai (owner and installer) uses black silicone to run between the bodykit seams after the final installation.

Silicone hardens but you can break it off as needed and reapply again and again.
Just an idea.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
They don't actually seal the lights. They attach to the housings, and seal the gaps between the light housings and the fenders.
Originally Posted by Jochy
how is that people are saying in this thread there's no more condensation in their headlights anymore after replacing those gaskets?
mine are getting condensate and would like to know if this (replacing the gaskets) is the real solution or spending $1,500 for another pair of genuine Porsche Cayenne Xenon headlights....
I just sent them to Dr. Headlights for restoration and now they are acting with condensation after every rainy day..
I'm going to quote myself....sillica gel bags is the answer. thanks and good night
Old 10-13-2013, 02:03 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

They do nothing to keep water out of the headlights. They do serve to keep some water/slush from bring driven up under the headlight and onto the headlight retaining mechanism. I wouldn't sweat them a lot.. one of those "if you find'm cheap enough.." sort of things.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:50 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

they do divert a massive amount of water from getting into the engine compartment

Fitting them is easy
Old 10-16-2013, 02:36 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anybody has a part number please?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Jimbabwe
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try 95563111500 (driver side) and 95563111600 (passenger side). Those may have been superceded...
Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbabwe
try 95563111500 (driver side) and 95563111600 (passenger side). Those may have been superceded...

Thank you !
Old 10-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Jochy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ekstroemtj
Does anybody has a part number please?
Ecstuning.com do a filter choosing your model car, look for the part in Lightning section and it will show u the ecs part no. And porsche part no.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 01-05-2015, 09:40 PM
nekkanty
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by quattrotman
Yeah, mine did that too. It just turned to this tar/gooey substance. I actually peeled most of it off. It doesn't really seem to have that important of a function. It kinda looks like the same stuf that manufacturers use to glue the headlights together (the lense to the housing). Maybe it's just excess that after years of weather and sun has turned into goo.
The gasket prevents moisture from getting in and shorting your lamps. If not fixed, you will be replacing lamps very frequently.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:00 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a new driver side headlight assembly for my car, got one by valeo which supplies oe parts to Porsche..anyways, does anyone know if I'll need to order a new gasket/seal for this headlight, or should it be included? I know the lights and ballast aren't included in the price

thanks
Jason
Old 01-12-2015, 06:44 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Hey Guys, my passenger headlight I notice doesnt sit 100% flush to the outer hole of the car..the headlight is a year or two old from the previous owner, I just installed a driver side headlight and it sits completely flush to the car, the other one has a very small gap between the rubber gasket and the edge..should I be concerned with this? again the headlight is pretty new and the rubber gasket is all intact. The car did have a minor accident on that side a few years ago so the indy I went to said there isnt much you can do..i'm thinking about sticking a little rubber pad or something underneath it so it props it up a tad..should I send a pic to get a better visual?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:55 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It should sit flush, obviously. Something to be concerned about? Well - that's up to you. If everything works correctly, then it would just be cosmetic. But, if you want it to look right, you'll need to find out why it's not sitting flush. Short of checking the fasteners that hold the tray in play, and inspecting the bottom of the headlight housing - there won't be much we can do from our end since nobody can get in there and look.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:25 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Yea the Indy spent a good amount of time, they said the mounting bracket is fine. If I use my hands and grip it a little from underneath the light I can fit it flush, but when I let go it sags a tiny bit.. Maybe I can put some black insulation underneath the light to sort of prop it literally an 1/8th of an inch up and that can do it. I was just more concerned with if it was potentially bad for rain and water to get behind it.. If it's cosmetic I'm fine with it
Old 01-12-2015, 08:17 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the mounting plate is solid, then I don't really see how it's possible to have the light not sit flush unless you broke one of the guide tabs on the housing. That rubber gasket is to seal the headlight to the body so you don't get tons of road grime and water getting behind there. But, it's not going to hurt anything if you do.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:10 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Yea I don't get it .. Gonna try to put a thin strip of weather strip underneath and prop it a little.. The bottom of the headlight is exactly the same as the other one, no broken pieces.

Quick Reply: Headlight rubber gasket disintegrates