Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1D8 Tow Option - '05 CTT - Any more info out there?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 PM
PutterMcGavin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wirunner
It would be on top of the CDC sitting vertically (you have to remove the interior to get at it). See that green plug recepticle in the picture??...that's 1D8. The harness plugs into there. Again, this is trailer tow prep meaning you need everything (makes sense right?!). If this was an 04 or earlier, it wouldn't even have that green plug and it would have to be wired additionally to the front of the pig.

Good luck to you...!Beep!
Got it thanks. Looks like I will be ordering it then!

Originally Posted by Adam Conrad
I can personally attest to the fact you need everything as described by others
Don't forget that after you install all the bits, you will need to go to the dealer to enable the towing package via piwis
An aftermarket brake controller would also need to be wired in for a trailer with brakes
Good luck with taking that rear panel apart
It is a pain and takes time
Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it!

Does anyone know if it can be programmed BEFORE installing everythign or does the unit need to be installed and programmed? I ask because I'm on a tight deadline and there is a chance that I won't be able to install the items until the weekend I need to tow...
Old 08-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Edward Li
4th Gear

Default Towing 1D8 package - where is the connector?

Originally Posted by wirunner
It would be on top of the CDC sitting vertically (you have to remove the interior to get at it). See that green plug recepticle in the picture??...that's 1D8. The harness plugs into there. Again, this is trailer tow prep meaning you need everything (makes sense right?!). If this was an 04 or earlier, it wouldn't even have that green plug and it would have to be wired additionally to the front of the pig.

Good luck to you...!Beep!
I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE TOWING CONNECTOR IS. DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE?

Old 08-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Edward Li
4th Gear

Default Picture of the towing connector please?

I cant find the connector on my 2010 Cayenne GTS with 1D8.

In the right storage area near the taillight, I have the CDC vertically, above that the stereo amp, and below the taillight a group of relays or connectors (bunch of little square boxes). One little square box is green colored. I wonder if that’s the connector.

What else will I need to buy to tow a dual axle car trailer? Wire harness? Brake Controller? Dealer programming?

Also I wonder if installing the OE hitch will require trimming the rear bumper cover, such as the Curt hitch seems to require?
Old 08-12-2018, 05:55 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Details can be found in this thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...led-440-a.html
Old 05-17-2021, 04:48 AM
mbagge01
AutoX

I have a 2004 cayenne turbo which does not have the ID6 or ID8 tow hitch preparation on the build sheet but when I pulled off the right rear panels around the CDC player, I found a red connector wrapped in foam. Could this be the wiring for the tow hitch that plug into the module?

Quick Reply: 1D8 Tow Option - '05 CTT - Any more info out there?!