Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No PCM Power after Nav-TV Install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:08 PM
itradem
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No PCM Power after Nav-TV Install?

I just installed a Nav-TV IPod integration unit on my 2004 CTT. After I put everything back together, I can not get the power to come on for the PCM. All of the connections look OK, and per instructions.

Any ideas on what might be wrong? Help!?!

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Did you use a plug adapter for the back of the pcm our did you connect the power for the nav-tv in line?
In case you may have blown a fuse, check dc 12v at the back of the pcm and check the 15amp fuse on the top row of fuses in the passenger side fuse box
Not having any power at all sounds like a 12 volt problem and not a fiber optic problem. If a fiber optic problem the power will still come on and you will get messages saying the amplifier etc can't be found
Old 11-14-2010, 01:57 PM
itradem
Instructor

The CTT actually had an older version of the Opi-p already installed, and I was actually just upgrading to a newer version with aux in capability. Therefore, I just spliced the new Opi-p harness into the existing splice from the main PCM harness. Everything else was plug and play from the old unit.

The one mistake I may have made was not disconnecting the PCM entirely, prior to performing the splice. The fuse on the back of the PCM looks fine. I did not check the passenger side fuses.

I agree that this would seem like a power problem, but I have seen stranger things happen with these vehicles.

Any other thoughts or similar experiences with other interfaces?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Agreed
My nav-tv unit locks up, our should I say spontaneously disconnects do I pull that fuse to reset it
I would double check 12v at the pcm with a meter and that is likely your culprit
Old 11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
itradem
Instructor

I assume you pull the fuse on the passenger side?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
itradem
Instructor

Yep, it was a blown fuse on the passenger side fuse panel. The Nav TV interface now works like a charm, and I am enjoying having XM radio.

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: No PCM Power after Nav-TV Install?