Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:40 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sup44
Not sure why I thought the NAV acceptance was gone.. maybe I was off that day or missed something.. anyhow.. noticed today it is still there...
You got me excited, I have not been able to figure that one out yet
Old 05-28-2013, 06:41 PM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by sup44
Got it.. so the magic number for my 09 S is 29104. That disabled SB, Nav Acceptance, and key in ign chimes..

Couldn't get the 5 flash for the signal to take .. it said that the module did not accept adaptions...
5 Flash won't adapt for me either, just get a bus error or something and I have to unplug the cable in and out of the usb port and restart the software.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 PM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Orantes
Hi Toureg & 993BillW. Have you guys been doing all of this re-coding using the Enthusiast Durametric? I thought you needed the Professional Durametric to do coding. Am I correct in saying that the only thing the Professional does extra is the unlimited VINS?

All I want to do from a re-coding point of view is turn the phone on my PCM "on". I'm about to buy a Durametric, but If I can turn my phone "on" with the Enthusiatist model, it would obviously save me $. I primarily need the Durameteric for error code reading and re-setting service reminders. I should also add that I'm 5 hours away from any Porsche dealer or mechanic with an appropriate code reader.

I have a 2004 Cayenne S. Any input would be appreciated.
I think for mobridge install all you need is to disable the CD changer, nothing for the phone.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...otchyas-2.html

This thread has what needs to be done.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Orantes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by touareg
I think for mobridge install all you need is to disable the CD changer, nothing for the phone.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...otchyas-2.html

This thread has what needs to be done.
It actually depends whether you had the phone as an original option or not. I didn't have it as an original option, so even though I have phone prep, it won't work until I get the phone coded "on". I have spoken to Mobridge about this issue (my Mobridge is already installed and running, all execpt the phone). I still need to code the CD stacker "off" to get rid of that annoying error message that comes up, so I would like to do this with the Durametric if possible.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A question. Is the Durametric as acurate as the PIWIs reading the error codes? Does it read all errors or is it possible that errors on piwis are not shown on durametrics? Thanks
Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 PM
sup44
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by touareg
5 Flash won't adapt for me either, just get a bus error or something and I have to unplug the cable in and out of the usb port and restart the software.
same here.. still nothing.. oh well.. guess Ill hang it up till someone I can figure it out..
Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 AM
VERYGREEDY
Intermediate

I have 60 days left on dealership warranty and bought a 3-year 36k mile extended warranty on my 957S. Does the use of the Durametric software void my warranty? Really I just want to poke around and reset the service now thing because I do my own oil changes, brakes etc.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VERYGREEDY
I have 60 days left on dealership warranty and bought a 3-year 36k mile extended warranty on my 957S. Does the use of the Durametric software void my warranty? Really I just want to poke around and reset the service now thing because I do my own oil changes, brakes etc.

Thanks.
No, it does not.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:40 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

In order to not interfere with your warranty don't going into the module Recoding functions until your pretty familiar with the Durametric, and always write down the coding of individual modules before you attempt a recode.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 PM
VERYGREEDY
Intermediate

Thanks. Yeah I called my extended warranty plan to validate that I can turn off warnings etc, and they said yeah no problem. I have a heated garage shop at the house so I will definitely be doing my own oil changes, brakes etc etc. I don't want that annoying svc reminder up there all the time.

I have the day time running lights or what look like LED light bars just below my headlights on my 957-S. Thing is, I can't figure out how to get them on....maybe a fuse is burnt.....anyone have those LED light bars and when do they come on, anytime the headlights turn on shouldn't they?

Thank you.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried the lighting settings in the Multi Purpose Display?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:13 PM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the enthusiast version and it does allow coding....a quick question...there was an option coming home lights and an option to code it...so my car a 2006 V6 does not have the coming home light feature...can I still code it??
Old 06-08-2013, 01:04 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Ok guys my coding for electrical system in 69352 and for coming home lights it says ?xxxx and +1 present and +0 not present

So I don't have coming home function and I thought if I add +1 the new code should be 79352

I changed that and an error came that unable to code....and then coding page went blank...I just unplugged it.
So can anyone tell me what the new value for coming home function is with an existing code of 69352
Old 06-08-2013, 05:11 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I can check when I get home in 3 days if you don't have a reply by then. I have the coming home function enable on a '06 CTTS so I can scan and see what code is set. Should be the same as mine to program, not sure if there is an actual module that it has or already included.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:45 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Thanks that would be awesome....so you think there is a module for coming home lights? Cos I have changed the headlight switch to the auto one and I have auto lights now

Quick Reply: Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!