Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This coding all makes sense if you make it into binary
I understand binary even though I haven't worked a lot with it in a while but that's not binary to me. I do understand what I left out with the seatbelt chime, I'll correct that tomorrow.

No, the headlight aiming is not a coincidence, I've always noticed the left headlight was a little lower than the right (as I'm pulling in or out of my garage they shine on my cabinets) and I've always assumed that was intentional for the US right hand driving so we don't direct the left headlamp at incoming traffic. Now they are most definitely level, I assume the error is because it can't reverse that scenario and make the right one lower than the left as would be required if oncoming traffic was coming at you from the right (again, just speculation on my part).

And yes, the engine was running w/ garage door open when I did this.

I'll play with it some more tomorrow.

Has anyone else made these changes? Did you get the same results?

^^ I think we just got spammed by "Jennifer"! post reported.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

What I will most likely do tomorrow is check the headlight aiming again, then set the country code back to US and disable the seatbelt chime, then check the headlights again to see if they go back to their original positioning and I stop getting the headlight error msg. I'll report back with the results.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I understand binary even though I haven't worked a lot with it in a while but that's not binary to me. I do understand what I left out with the seatbelt chime, I'll correct that tomorrow.
Ok, I guess what I was trying to say on the binary part, is if the module has a 8 bit coding value (Completing making up this example and it is hard to format):

*00*********00*********00*****00
^**********^ *********^******^
Country**Opt1****Opt2**Opt3

So the Country group could have a country code from 00-11 in binary, if USA was Decimal 3, then in binary that would be 11

And if opt1 was set to 1 decimal 01 binary
Opt2 was set to 2 decimal 10 binary
and opt 3 was set to 1 decimal 01 binary

Your coding would be

But in the system is shows up as 3121 with decimal numbers for coding, I assume to make things easier to read. To make it more confusing you may see modules with coding for a 10bit or something. So the groupings are not equal always equal. Thats why you see in the docs change ??xxx You are not adding to that number, but to the position.

*00*********0000*********000*****00
^**********^ *********^******^
Country**Opt1****Opt2**Opt3

Using the example above, since the opt1 positions has the option in decimal to go from 0 to 15, the coding would be 30121, placing the zero in there as a place holder for the grouping 3|01|2|1 and has the same effect as above, but now alows the Opt1 to have 15 instead of 4 states.

Anyways just geeking out. This has worked for me, I will check my coding again this weekend.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 PM
touareg
Drifting

What I will most likely do tomorrow is check the headlight aiming again, then set the country code back to US and disable the seatbelt chime, then check the headlights again to see if they go back to their original positioning and I stop getting the headlight error msg. I'll report back with the results.
Ahh, I wonder if you added four to the +2 you had already and set the car to Saudi Arabia Never tried that.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

No, didn't make it Saudi....
What I realized last night is I originally only changed the country setting (from 15204 to 15404) which put me in GB but failed to do anything with the seatbelt chime.

As for the headlight adj. error msg. I got that at least 4 times (each time I turned on the headlights) after making the USA to GB change (also changed the settings via the stalk back to F and USA measurements).
For reasons I can't explain this AM when I started the P!g and turned on the headlights I did not get the error, the headlights are both on the same level on the garage wall (previously the left was a little lower than the right) but I'm not getting the error. Again, no changes made but the error went away. As long as the error stays away I'm leaving it alone.

As for the seatbelt chime I will be modifying the setting from it's current 15404 to 13404 and this should take care of the seatbelt chime.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll report back in a few days if no more issues.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
touareg
Drifting

No, didn't make it Saudi....
What I realized last night is I originally only changed the country setting (from 15204 to 15404) which put me in GB but failed to do anything with the seatbelt chime.

As for the headlight adj. error msg. I got that at least 4 times (each time I turned on the headlights) after making the USA to GB change (also changed the settings via the stalk back to F and USA measurements).
For reasons I can't explain this AM when I started the P!g and turned on the headlights I did not get the error, the headlights are both on the same level on the garage wall (previously the left was a little lower than the right) but I'm not getting the error. Again, no changes made but the error went away. As long as the error stays away I'm leaving it alone.

As for the seatbelt chime I will be modifying the setting from it's current 15404 to 13404 and this should take care of the seatbelt chime.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll report back in a few days if no more issues.
Excellent, the sensors have been known to give the ghost eventually for the xenon headlamp adjustment. If you have non air, there is one in the drivers (US) front well and one in the rear, mine actually had a cracked arm that split the rest of the way.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

OK, last evening made the change for disabling the seatbelt chime (from 15404 to 13404) and the SB chime is now gone (actually all chimes are gone, yea!). Headlights are working fine with no errors.
Only thing I had to do again is reset the temps to F, clock to 12h and measurements to US and I'm good to go. Did discover that the P!g will only let you see/change the clock settings when you're in gear, it doesn't let you even see much less change the temp or measurement settings if you're in anything other than park (no big deal).

Now watch, this weekend I'll lock my keys in the car with the lights left on.....

Thank you ever so much Touareg for posting this, if you drink coffee PM me your address and I'll gladly send you a Starbucks card for your work! It's well worth it to me.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

The headlamp error msg came back with a vengeance last night, got the error each time I turned on the headlights and although the lights stayed "up" when I started out halfway home they dropped to their lowest setting. Still getting the error today.

Although it's most likely just a coincidence I'm going to set the car setting back to USA from GB since that's the last thing I did when this issue started. If I continue to get the error I'll start looking at the sensors. I have the Durametric connect sequence and parameter change down now, changing them back is no big deal. I won't change the seatbelt setting back though, I'll leave that off.

Just curious, what side of the road do they drive on in Saudi Arabia??

Update: The designation of GB was not the problem. After changing back to US went out for an evening event and getting in to come home got multiple headlamp errors including the check headlamp aiming error. Will jump over to that thread to see what it says about fixing it.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 03-05-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
touareg
Drifting

Originally Posted by TommyH
wow i have no update the software and played in my car all night.. hope it starts tomorrow=)

is it possible to put follow me home function when my car dont have that now?

have i understand this right... ex 15404 is something and xxx?x +01 mean that i write 15414 to change it?

thanks for a good thred

/sorry for the english
Just wanted to update this thread. Enabling coming home and turning on interior lights with the key fob has been figured out.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...6-cayenne.html
Old 04-06-2013, 09:11 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone have any coding on the 958 yet? Seems this thread is all about the older Cayennes.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by gnat
Anyone have any coding on the 958 yet? Seems this thread is all about the older Cayennes.
Pretty much all of this info comes up on the Durametric when you get into the modules. You should be able to check/modify the settings you need, you're not "blind" when you're in the modules, the setting options are displayed.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Starting with MY2011, Porsche introduced encryption to some of the OBD2 data. From then on, the Durametric system has been pretty much been relegated to code reader/analyzer and reset status. You can see on this model matrix pretty much what it CAN'T do anymore.

//greg//
Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by grohgreg
Starting with MY2011, Porsche introduced encryption to some of the OBD2 data. From then on, the Durametric system has been pretty much been relegated to code reader/analyzer and reset status. You can see on this model matrix pretty much what it CAN'T do anymore.

//greg//
Is there anything that CAN code the newer cars? The BMW coding world is robust....and quite nice to have!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used VCDS on my 2011 Touareg TDI, but due to the encryption, it could only "read" the ECU. It could essentially only "write" to non-critical modules. Sorta boring. I kept the VCDS when I traded the Treg for the CD, only to confirm statements regarding compatibility. Even though Porsche is part of VAG, they write their own software/firmware. I sold the VCDS, and investigated Durametric. I concluded that Durametric was no more capable on the CD than was VCDS. I gave it a pass, and bought iOBD2 instead

//greg//
Old 05-06-2013, 10:37 PM
jcb928
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how to turn the daytime running lights on/off?

It says +1 for on (mine are on)

My code now is,

If I want them off would it be,
102043?

Quick Reply: Durametric Hacking and other cars codes? Please post if you have them!