2004 Porsche Cayenne S STALLING!!! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:42 PM
DaNextOne
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Porsche Cayenne S STALLING!!! Please help

Hey guys,

Just got my truck a week ago and I store it in my garage overnight (which is slightly downhill). In the past week when pulling the truck out (in reverse slightly uphill) it stalls in reverse (happened TWICE)...The truck stays on, yet the engine turns off...I immediately turn off the truck and restart it and it's fine...

Now not sure if it's me panicking, yet it seems to struggle at low speeds (both in reverse and drive)

Does anyone know what this is?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:46 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my 50c

coils / plugs
Old 06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
DaNextOne
AutoX

Thanks....
Old 06-27-2010, 06:41 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
my 50c

coils / plugs

Stalling at low speeds can also be indicative of fuel pressure problems... something with the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injectors, vacuum connections, etc. ... something causing a pressure drop. Or, since it happens in the morning, possibly water condensation in the fuel tank from sitting over night.

In addition to the coils and plugs, I'd throw in my .02 to make sure that you're buying the highest quality gasoline from a station with new or new-ish, clean underground tanks and that you add a treatment of Chevron Techron additive in a tank of gas.

If after those changes it still happens, then if it were me I'd focus on the mechanical elements of the fuel system.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:39 PM
DejanRecek
1st Gear

Hi! Had the similar issue a week ago. CS would start and stall after 10 seconds or so. Found out it's the fuel pump. Since the CS has two, it starts 'couse they both work on the beginning, after 10 seconds the passenger side pump turns off.

It's a pain replacing it but coud be a DIY project. And a trick to not get stuck... if this happens to you, you could unplug the driver's side connector - the fuel level sensor. It gives the false empty reading and the passenger side pump turns on. Enough to drive home.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:38 PM
g.yang
1st Gear

I have a 04 Cayenne S with a 4.5L, my ac just went and i'm just trying to look for information.
We've already checked ac lines for leaks, and there are no leaks. And the AC system didn't needed to be charged. Is there any one else out there has had or ran into this issue before? as of right now the AC doesn't work. but seems like nothing is wrong. I would like some feeback or info if anyone has ran into this issue before. thanks.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
my 50c

coils / plugs
My $1,200.... what he said.

Quick Reply: 2004 Porsche Cayenne S STALLING!!! Please help