Sponsored by:

2011 Cayenne Configurator live on porsche.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 AM
kgclark
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Cayenne Configurator live on porsche.com

I've been checking daily for months now and Porsche has finally updated their USA website configurator to include the 2011 Cayenne.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

No Two Tone Interior
Few Exterior color options with one of them being Puke Green.. WTF??!?!?!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:14 AM
gammaman
8th Gear

The configurator only list the colors and upholstery that are available at roll-out. The brochure specifies the late availability options, with the exception of Jet Green which is supposed to be offered at roll-out, so I don't know why it's not on the configurator now. Black roof rails are also late availability.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:39 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've been watching it as well. so far, I like the jet black metallic. I saw where the ice blue metallic will be available later.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In the aftermath of the Dr. W regime and the failed takeover of VAG by Porsche, I would expect you are going to see a lot more of this.

VAG is famous for limiting the options for their vehicle by trim level and by sales.

They are exceptionally good at it and have done well across both the VW and Audi lines. I expect Porsche to be no different over time.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:55 PM
mstams
Racer

Wow. Easy to get over $100k on the configurator...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

for an S? I am going for the turbo! I am putting it against the X5 M...which is about 15k less than what I built so far. I am planning on ordering one for next year and trading in both cars on the CTT. I am going to drive both, then make my decision.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:59 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by DRJMK
for an S? I am going for the turbo! I am putting it against the X5 M...which is about 15k less than what I built so far. I am planning on ordering one for next year and trading in both cars on the CTT. I am going to drive both, then make my decision.
Yep. That was for an S. Seems to high to me. Turbo is probably better if adding lots of options. Did you decide against the Panamera?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:41 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Yes, too flashy for me. I built the S with the standard turbo options and they were about even. so, Turbo it is. Also, it will be my only vehicle for a few years, so I might get what I want!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, too flashy for me. I built the S with the standard turbo options and they were about even. so, Turbo it is. Also, it will be my only vehicle for a few years, so I might get what I want!
I attempted something similar, except I added to the turbo the options I wanted that were not standard and the difference was about 15k over the S.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill P.
I attempted something similar, except I added to the turbo the options I wanted that were not standard and the difference was about 15k over the S.
Agree with that! I think I spec'd it out fairly well and got around 124k. But, there are a few options I'd like to know about first, like the PVT or whatever it is. I probably won't need that at all since it will not see any off-roading or major snow.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Amazing anyone would spend that kind of money when you can get a lightly used vehicle for a lot less.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the # you can get a turbo for about 15k more than S with more options. Some of the options cost less on turbo. The Turbo is too high but the S is a ripoff IMHO
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

it's all relative...the Turbo S cab is a 'value' compared to a comparably equipped regular turbo cab, etc. And Blade, I have to agree with you. I want to get a vehicle for me that's practical and fun to drive at the same time. It will be paid for and driven a long time. I feel guilty when driving one car one day and not the other. I am not as fortunate as you to have 3 adorable kids, but my 2 Bernese mountain dogs love to go for car rides and they can't fit in the 911. I've wasted money on vehicles over the past few years and after owning the Cayenne s, it is what I love. But, I can afford to drive the CTT, so that's what I'm getting. No regrets. Now, onto those options Gj! For me, it will be either ice blue metallic or jet black metallic on black leather, Burmester, heat/cooled seats, XM, PDCC, 20" RS spyder wheels, thermally insulated glass and some other goodies like red seat belts, crests, maybe some carbon fiber, etc. Now, I just need to drive one and it will seal the deal!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
mstams
Racer

But, there are a few options I'd like to know about first, like the PVT or whatever it is. I probably won't need that at all since it will not see any off-roading or major snow.
Here's an article for you to read - particularly the "Driving the New Generation" section. It talks about the PVT option and how it helps with handling. They say it feels like the S sheds 1,000 lbs with that option. You might want to reconsider...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne Configurator live on porsche.com